Chapter 221

After the meal, My Sirer and I headed up to the bridge to start our shift. We switched up with Dee an Fa'tae. My Sirer went to do rounds, while I looked over the reports.

My foot was still hurting like hell from yesterday. I barely could sleep because of it. I should drink a tonic later... I should have done that earlier so I could have slept better. I still can't believe Sha'On said that in infront of everyone. I am just glad that OldOne resolved that issue quickly!

I can't risk being caught now! I am just glad that Singh took care of the video footage. I look over the reports and everything is well. The clan members at the bridge are asking if my bearer sent up snacks and drinks. They seemed to be accustomed to this new approach that Chris has taken with them.

It seems to be working atleast with the older members. The younger ones were suspicious of her actions, thinking that she as the 'Ooman' will betray us. Considering they have more to worry about from their fellow yautja then they do Chris.

I was better now at ignoring the harrassment from members that were closer in age to myself. My temper only flared when they involved Chris or my siblings. Me beating them is much kinder then the death they would receive from Chris or my Sirer.

I was just happy to be out of the Pit now permanently. I was approved by OldOne and my Sirer to stay in the kitchen. Which is a lot better, I know that Dee and Fa'tae want to be there as well. But given their current responsibilities they could only stop by for visits.

OldOne has a whole training regimen planned for myself, Zak, Zu'ko and the pups. It's an advanced training so I was excited to learn it! Dee and Fa'tae would also join for this training twice a week for now till Sa'ke joined us.

OldOne also seems less grumpier then normal. I mean we were only gone for a week but he seems to be more patient...? I was expecting this training to be like that when he taught us cooking and the skills needed in the kitchen.

It was completely different approach, he corrected our posture, giving a us a silent stepping manner. I mean we learned how mask out foot sounds when hunting from growing up with Sooni and our bearers clan. This however was on a whole different level!

OldOne wanted us to make sure that we are silently stepping all the time. The pups already had this mastered, especially Kiki! Who could now climb silently as well. It was scary how fast they were learning.

I have a sneaking suspicion that OldOne was once an elite shadow enforcer at one point in his life. I will have to ask him privately one of these days. Although he will talk fondly about his past hunts. He seems a bit sore when it comes to talking about past relationships and his past roles.

The files under the name Mar'cte are sealed. Unless I am a clan leader or a council member I do not have the clearance to access those files. I mean I rather learn from the legend himself. I mean, Hopper was good to get information like that. However given the situation...I will not disturb him and his wounded mate.

I get messages from Poppi and Tusk, I open them and respond to them both. They were growing so much! I can't wait to see them later on...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few days later....

"Oh thank god we made it! The adjustments we made are actually faster then expected!" I say to Crash Excitedly. As we Drop out of warp and  the planet is in view.

"Singh Calm down..." Crash says to me with a chitter.

I mean admittedly I was having a great time being with him. But....I think I fixed everything on this blasted ship including the damn dust bunnies! Not having any major project on hand made me almost jump out of my skin! I was also driving Crash nuts as I would start taking a console apart and put it back together.