Chapter 337

I had gotten Scrapper settled, we had a good talk. He was looking more relaxed now. He was a bit freaked out by his new room. I did advise him depending on his behavior that it would be temporary. That he would be moved to a normal room once he earned our trust back.

When Mar'cte came in with Breakfast, I thought Scrapper was going to Shit himself. As Mar'cte in his grumpy way warned Scrapper not to misbehave or else!

He seems a bit more on edge the last few days due to Ekate. Perhaps he just needs to get laid...? Maybe I can help Ekate when she is better to help her with her goal.

"Bearer Ceillia. What should I do?" Scrapper asks me.

We had been doing some light training after Breakfast. It kinda dawns on me, that I have no experience with older pups. I think back to my time at the compound an usually the pups trained for 12 to 16 hours a day! There were breaks an free time inbetween, but it was a very structured day.

The days are slightly shorter here, an there is only so much we can do together. Isolation for long periods of time would not be good. Chris said she would be back in the afternoon to spell me off. I think I need to talk to Vil'Lai to get more information to better structure our days with Scrapper better.

"Scrapper, what would you like to do?" I asked him.

He looked at me oddly. He sat down on the grass across from me an it looked like he was deep in thought. He looked confused at me. "...I don't know. Usually the adults have things planned for us pups. In my down time I like to nap. That doesn't seem productive though..." he says to me with a worried expression.

It's the same expression Hopper gets when he is unsure of something.

It was rather cute to see it!

"Well what training do you like better? Naps are great through out the day, an until Matriarch Vil'Lai arrives, if you wish to rest more you are allowed to Scrapper. You just went thru hell, an a little extra rest wouldn't hurt." I say to him gently.

He nods at me. "...Well I like distance training, like with smartdisks. I also like when we have free run time on the obstacle course. I don't generally like sparring or cold training...." he admitted to me.

That gives me an idea!

"Scrapper, would you be open to helping us make an obstacle course here?" I say to him excitedly.

Scrapper looks a bit flabbergasted. "Wait...Bearer Ceillia are you allowing me to have a say in how a course is built?" He says to me shocked.

"I think it would be a great idea Scrapper! We can support your training better this way too, to help make you stronger. That way we can add or take away what is an isn't needed, upon your request!" I say to him. I hope this would help him. By showing that we are listening to him, an helping him grow into an honorable adult!

Scrapper scratches the back of his head nervously, just like Hopper does...

"No one ever listened before..." he says in a bewilder chatter to me.

"Scrapper, I am listening..." I say to him as I reach over an stroke his cheek fondly 

He gets a sad look in his eyes before he blinks away the tears. "How should we do this Bearer Ceillia?" He asks me.

"Let's look over some data Crystal's an pick out what works better for you first. Then we can work out the flow of the course from there!" I say to him happily.

Scrapper nods at me while looking a bit shy. He looks like he is starting to act his age. In human terms he would be about 13 in maturity, with a body of a wrestler. Its gonna take some time to fully earn his trust.