Chapter 263

When the Darkness over took me, I faded away into the nothingness of the abyss.

This was a familiar feeling but unlike before there was no warmth here...

Not that I expected any. I knew Paya wasn't here alone...

This was absolute Darkness, there was no light, no sound, it was just nothingness! Even as I chuckled, I couldn't feel it or hear it. The only way I knew I existed, was because I believed I existed.

Time to put to use those introduction to philosophy courses to good use!

As this is another realm I had no physical body to speak of. So I had to will it into existence on this side. Bae had helped me with how to gain a spiritual presence.

I needed to focus on my body!

I bring forth an imaginary of what I look like an how I should be existing! I was able to feel things around me! It felt like I was floating in cold water...? I felt this before when Paya took me to my yautja body!

Then this must be a similar space. Mar'cte is keeping Dar'ke alive! Yes!

I smile then I concentrate on regaining my senses. I had a sense of touch, next was my sense of smell. The musky damp odor of my surroundings reminded me of wet cave that hasn't had fresh air in years.

It was so strong that I could taste it! It was like licking sulfur. It was pretty prutid! Not gonna lie it was making me gag a little...

I try an focus on my hearing next. As sight would probably be useless where I am anyways. I hear chattering an chittering sounds of an annoyed yautja male, an a amused Yautja female.

I chuckle again finally being able to hear my own voice once again! The chattering an chittering stop. I am able to open my eyes, but the darkness revealed nothing.

I am able to right my body in the water, I walk out of the pond to the shore line. I can't see them but I know where they are...

As I get close to them I kneel on one knee an bow to them. "Its an Honor to greet both of you Paya, an Cetanu..." I say to them respectfully.

I hear a chatter of Cetanu "You will not be sly here Chris. It is your time as it is time for the other Oomans. They were on borrowed time anyways..." he says to me in a serious tone.

I could tell Paya is slient, that she is definitely frustrated about the whole situation. "I also shouldn't be able to speak to either of you, however I am..." I state to them calmly.

Cetanu seemed put off by the statement. While Paya chitters amused that I shut her brother up.

"That matters not to me, Ooman!" Cetanu growls out to me.

"Actually it does Cetanu. As per your own words those that can manifest themselves after death, an are of strong honorable spirit! They can become a Reaper shaman of Death under your blessing. So long as I fulfill 3 of your requests..." I say to him.

Cetanu went quiet for a moment, I could feel his piercing glare. He looks me up an down. "Do you really wish to do those challenges? Only one other had every completed them..." he chatters at me.

"He was the first true Yautja the Alpha, he was the Grand grand Sirer of the current Emperor. He died orginally while battling in the arena, when yautja were mindless battle slaves of the Hish. He was able to complete your trials, under your blessing he came back to the realm of the living! He brought an era of Honor to Yautja society that hasn't been seen in millennia. I too wish to bring Honor back to Yautja society! I want to protect my family! I want to protect all yautja families! You can't tell me you don't see that Yautja are losing their honorable way! Are you that greedy for their souls, Cetanu? This is an issue that I can help fix under Paya's plan! Yautja follow by example, is the example you truly want them to follow....the dishonorable ones an their actions?" I protest my case passionately to Cetanu.