Chapter 334

We were sitting in a booth on the side of the arena. There was no way to escape, we were benched like we sports players in a penalty box!

We were allowed to go out in teams of two. Obviously I paired up with Ricky.  The others paired off pretty quickly. So how this shit show was gonna go, was that we went out in pairs of two to fight hand to hand combat with these monsters! No weapons just a good old fashion beat down!

Chris announced who each group would be fighting an luckily we got the weakest of the bunch! Atleast Ricky and I will be leaving here. The rest probably won't be so lucky. I have a few guys I can call in for replacements. Once we get back to the ship we will be fine.

My first two men were up against a huge son of a bitch predator. He looked big an mean but not quite all there. They called this predator Zu'ko, the fight goes how I expected it to. My men died pretty damn fast! The younger predators where cheering on the bigger ones.

Next one up was the predator Nanny! I think they called him Lu'Nye? He was pretty big for human male. Probably had some enhancements along the way. He was a bit more tactful in his fighting. Mind you it was gruesome when he twisted the heads off my men!

The young ones look like they were chanting something. But I couldn't tell what they were saying. Outside out box Chris comes up to us.

"They are saying no honor, no mercy! It's a code the yautja tend to live by..." she said to us.

Just then a cooler filled with beer in our box like magic. "What in the hell...?" I ask her.

"Its a thank you to you an your men. This is a great teaching opportunity. Very rearly we get this in the field when training the young ones." She says to me.

My men dive for the alcohol. They are desperate for anything right now after we see 4 of our comrades have passed. It looks like they are taking a break an handing out drinks!?!?

"Let me ask you this, did we ever have a chance?" I ask her as I open another beer.

She pauses "If I hadn't spotted the engineer technology that you guys had. You probably would have wiped all of them out. I admit I am a bit of a broody hen when it comes to the children. I will do what I can to protect them all" she says to us as she takes another sip of her beer.

"Are the others gone?" I ask her as I nurse the cold bitter beer in my hands.

"They went peacefully an painlessly. I also stored your ship away. In case you do win it will be brought here an you will be allowed to leave..." she says to us nonchalantly.

"Your not Human are you?" I asked her 

"Well I am a little bit of everything...a mutt so to speak" she says with a cheerful tone.

We lost to a damn mutt!?!?

I felt sick to my stomach. I heard one of my teammates throw up in a garbage bin that was provided.

The break was over a two more of My men were sent to die. I heard their screams as their heads and spines were ripped from their bodies. They only lasted 6 minutes in the arena! I look over an see Chris clapping excitedly as she gives the ugly fucker a thumbs up in praise. She looks to me with pride in her eyes. "That one an the next one are my adopted sons! They are doing so well!" She said to me then cheered them on.

She was like the psycho soccer mom!

"Captain maybe we should split up our teams..." one of my men asked me.

Ricky just hit the fucker for me. That man an his partner faced off against a larger predator. This one had very unique eyes. One was yellow an green while the other was silver an blue! He fought with more purpose an tactics. I look to see the young ones taking in this fight. I realise that this one an the nanny were dragging out the fights to tech their children how to fight humans!