Chapter 313

I was madder then...just about anything! How Dare Are'tes ask me such a thing! I was absolutely horrified by her declaration! There was no way in hell I would take on any mates. Especially those that are pups!

Was she insane!

Just as I am about to throw more curses at that old hag! Chris shows up...

Pauk...

"Oh good you're here...As his pup how do you feel about your Sire not honoring a blood promise!" Are'tes said to Chris with a Sharpe and disappointing tone.

"I see you have been Drinking heavily again Are'tes...You know EKate gets worried when you drink like this right?" Chris says to her in a concerned tone.

Finally someone with sense is here! I was worried about where EKate was, she ran off when Are'tes an I started tearing into one another with words an curses.

Are'tes explains what happened to Chris. Hopefully Chris will see how foolish this all is an help me put Are'tes in her place! Thankfully Are'tes was going to Dar'kes compound while we were gone. Knight would watch over my territory in the mean time.

I see Chris nodding her head...? I feel a sudden chill in the air.

Chris looks at me "Mar'cte, no offense but Are'tes kinda has you by your reproductive organ right now. You really don't have a right to refuse..." she says to me.

I feel my hearts sink...

"However Are'tes you are not of sound mind right now. So the promise cannot be fully honored. Why not do a compromise?" She chatters to us.

I feel a bit better, Chris wouldn't be foolish here right....Right?

"What would you suggest?" I ask Chris.

I see that Are'tes is nodding in agreement.

"Well why not have a trial period? You an EKate date for the next year or so. That means spending time with one another without mating to see if you two are even compatible. It's possible that you an EKate are destined pair Mar'cte...I mean look what happened to Crash an Singh when they fought against it..." she comments to me.

I shiver in disgust at what Alexi did to them. There was a chance that could happen. However in a years time I could convince EKate to find another younger male. My pup was buying me time!

This was more reasonable...

Are'tes looked annoyed, however she backed down when Chris gave her a glare. Chris snapped her fingers an EKate appeared in her arms she puts her down gently. I could smell tears, I felt very bad now.

"Are'tes would you be willing to try this arrangement?" Chris asked her first.

Are'tes nodded.

Chris Asked me next "Mar'cte would you be willing, an with honestly give this a proper try?" She says to me.

I sigh defeated as I look to EKate "EKate if your willing to try this foolishness as well, I would be willing try as well. I can't say that I am for it 100% and if for any reason you can back out at anytime. Understand?" I say in my grumpy tone.

EKate looks happy as she nods yes to me. Chris then chitters. "So all parties agree, I am witness to said agreement. If anyone fails to not upholding ones honor, you all know the yautja way..." Chris says to us grimly.

Are'tes an I both shiver as a blast of cold air gets to us. It was Chris's way of saying 'Or else!'. I am pretty my blood ran thru her veins at this point. She reminds me of my younger self. Even RedOne commented on it when he returned from his vacation...