Chapter 260

I had just gotten back with Zak an Zu'ko to Hoppers compound. Only to find a headless male being held up by a combistick. At the main entrance.

This didn't look good...

Zu'ko looked like he was about to Chit himself. Zak was a little more subdued, we seen a lot of this with Bru'tae so we were more or less desensitized to it. We were greeted by Hoppers Mate Can'di who filled us in what is happening here.

The story is grim..

The female named Bo'ti seemingly had both her legs cut off when this male was beheaded between her legs. She was in prison after her wounds were cauterized. Given her crimes the fact that Hopper didn't kill the female out right showed great restraint.

I don't think I would have been able to hold back in that situation.

"Can'di if you need help in the kitchen Zu'ko an I can get that sorted. It would be safer that way for all the bearers here." Zak says to her.

Can'di Nods "Follow me you three. We have a single room close by there who would be best to have it?" She asks us.

Zu'ko pipes up "Zak an I can take the room. It's better that way we can keep on schedule with meal times better. Right!" Zu'ko says as he chatters at my Brother.

I watch my brother get very embarrassed for the first time ever. "I suppose that could work best for the time being..." Zak says to them.

Can'di looked like she was about to start chittering. Seeing that one had feelings, while the other had rocks for brains...

"Let's go to the room first..." she suggested. So we follow her to the room. It was a good size. Much larger then what I had on the ship. The bed was huge. Zu'ko went an dived straight unto the bed like a pup.

"Zak this will fit us both easily!" Zu'ko declares while happily chittering.

"Uh...Zu'ko are you sure you don't mind sharing a room with me?" Zak asks him.

Zu'ko shook his head. "Your my best friend in the entire universe Zak! Why would I mind? This room is huge it much to big for one individual! Are you sure its alright if we take it?" Zu'ko asks Can'di who looks like she is about to explode from laughter. She just nodded.

"Can'di if you need to step out we will find you in a minute..." I say to her. She dashes out of the room as I hear loud chatter laughter erupt from down the hallway.

My brother looked at me "Sa'ke are you sure it's okay for us take a room this large?" He asks me.

"I think it should be fine. Given that you will take over temporary of their kitchen to help provide safety. Hopper won't mind. When I have things build up in my territory I will make sure to gift you a room twice as big..." I say to him.

Zu'ko suddenly sits up on the bed an shake his head at me. "Leader Sa'ke I appreciate the offer but I am gonna make sure to earn a territory big enough for Zak an I! As well as our future mates an pups to live happily on!' He declares to me.

I am a bit shocked....

But not as shocked as my brother! Zak looks like he is about to fall over. I chitter at the scene very amused.

"Zu'ko what do you mean?" Zak asks him.

"Well you said you wouldn't mind if you have a mate that has female mates. You are amazing with the pups in the kitchen. I know I am still of low status, but when I prove to be a worthy hunter! I hope you will accept me as a worthy mate Zak!" Zu'ko says to my brother with full sincerity.

"But...I...what...?" Zak stumbles in his words.

Zu'ko looks sad "I like you Zak, don't you like me too?" He said while giving my brother a sad face thinking he is about to be rejected.