Chapter 222

It's been a week since Sa'ke had departed from home. I wasn't worried to much given his current star coordinates he would make it on to the clan ship in another 2 and a half days. Singh and I had been busy working on arrays, his colleagues and a few yautja had been great help in getting things ready.

Sooni and Vil'Lai have been a little extra cranky, they were impatient and restless. I was lucky that Singh had good ways to deal with them. We came up with detail templates for the reports. That were easy to fill in as well as add additional notes of need be as well as attach video and or audio recordings.

Singh found the idea in one of the Ooman tomes that Chris had lent him. In a few hours I would be taking Singh to the moon base and he would unleash his power to the arrays. I was very nervous, as he would have to use his powers constantly at a high level for a full rotation of the planet. Which was about 36 hrs roughly.

Shi'Va would be on hand to monitor his vitals and to make sure he doesn't faint or worse. This was going to be hard on his body, I was worried for my mate. Singh had better stamina then most Oomans, however it wasn't anywhere close to what a Yautjas stamina level would at.

The story that Singh has given everyone is that we are testing a new energy shield incase of an emergency. As some yautja clan members were suspicious and were not happy that an Ooman was going to be testing something on them.

However to the credit of Sooni, Vil'Lai, Shi'Va and Siri. They have done well announcing a major hunt to happen on the home world. A lot of the females were excited while others were pissed as they were bearing and were hesitant in participating.

Understandably of course as they didn't want to risk their pups. Sooni to calm them down assured them that they would do this every 2 years to allow everyone to participate. It was smart thinking on her part, that seemed to help the masses.

I sighed as I finished prepping the small ship. I headed off the docking area, Singh and Shi'Va were having a meeting with family about the Hunt shortly in a few hours. Ten of my mates were going to go out an act as helpers along with Vil'Lais group to make sure to protect those that needed it. As well gathering retirees to old to hunt but could help looking after pups.

It was an event that was organized in ordered chaos! Sooni was taking in young lost ones and single females with and without pups, into her home and allowing them to stay there until the hunt was over. They would be well protected by the energy shield that RedOne had given them.

I headed towards my workshop, I had been able to copy the technology on a smaller scale but I was only able to make 2. They wouldn't be able to cover the compound but if put into the pups dorm here and at Hoppers pups dorm it would be enough to protect them.

I go to the dorm and show the Oomans how to set it up giving them instructions on how to use it. They were able to understand pretty quickly. They installed it I checked it over and it was good.

I take an air scooter over to Hopper Compound. I meet up with Vil'Lai and explain what I have for her. She seems thrilled and shows me where to go. I get it installed as she rambles on, I don't pay attention so I have no idea what she was talking about. From the tone I could tell she was venting about Hopper and Ceillia.

It was better to ignore it...Hopper an I were not on the best of terms right now. I am sure once we get things solved with this issue that we will be better. I just hoped this helped a little in my redemption with him.

Once I have it installed I show Vil'Lai how to activate it and the distance it covered as well as how long it will last. They were good to run week straight without any maintenance.

"Crash what can I do to thank you?...this is an incredible gift!" Vil'Lai exclaims happily to me. She seemed impressed with my work.

"I don't need anything Vil'Lai just keep the pups safe..." I say to her as I finish packing up my tools.