Chapter 282

I had waited for Dar'ke down at the training grounds. Seeing the expression of Chris when she gave us all the cold shoulder, it seems like something was really wrong with her.

I rather she beat us up then disappear like that!

Dar'ke came down after a little bit, he looked very unsure. Checking over his shoulder, back behind him. It was like a ghost was haunting him.

"Is everything okay, Dar'ke?" I ask him.

He shook his head. "I don't think so, Sooni says she will handle it. I just have to trust them, Hopper. You still up for doing a few warmup rounds with me?" he says to me.

I crack my knuckles an neck "Sure! I been cooped up for a couple of weeks. This will help stretch me out. How many rounds are we doing?" I ask him.

"200..." Dar'ke chitters at me.

PAUK!

"I suppose if we want to get into better shape it's better we start this now..." I say with a sigh.

Dar'ke an I head off to course, the pups come by an a few join us for a few rounds. Tomorrow Crash would come an be with Dar'ke. This was for us to be in better shape! It is also for us to get ideas on how we can train, keep things running with the clan, an spend more time with our pups.

I definitely was enjoying having more time at home. Vil'Lai even seems to trust me once again. It feels nice...

Dar'ke finishes the rounds before I do. Not gonna lie, If I wasn't sucking wind so hard into my ass! I probably would have stopped breathing otherwise! My stamina is really chit! I also see that my agility has taken a huge hit as well. I use to be much better then this. Is this part of aging?

No...Cause RedOne an Mar'cte were a lot better with minimal training when they took long breaks inbetween. We are no where close to their level yet! We had a long way to go...

I fall onto the ground. "You feel it Hopper?" Dar'ke asks me.

I look up at him an wonder how he is still standing!?!?! He chitters at me. "I feel like Chit! How in the hell are you still standing!?!?" I growl at him.

Dar'ke takes a seat on a log. "When Chris was with Bru'taes clan. I trained round the clock without much rest or food. It seemed to cleanse my body an soul, allowing me to push through to a new level..." he says to me with a sigh. "We have a long way to go. But we should do as much training as possible when Knight arrives." He says as he tosses me a jug.

I gag a bit as I realize it's just water. I suppose, I needed to cut back on the snacks. "Knight will be here in a few weeks?" I asked Dar'ke. Maybe I can slack around for a while longer...

I was enjoying my time with my family.

"Due to a new ship he has, Knight will be here the day after tomorrow" Dar'ke says then downs some water.

Pauk....

"Knight is at a skill level that I would have been at, if I had Stayed with my Sire. He is around our age I believe, maybe a little bit older..." Dar'ke says to me as he checks his gauntlet.

He got a report from Sooni from the confused look on his face. "So she figured out what was wrong?" I asked him as I sit up. My legs felt like wiggly pudding!

"Sooni says that she was offended that Lu'Nye was embarrassed over the situation earlier, an that we laughed at him...?" He says questioningly.

"Ahhhhhh makes sense then..." I say to him.

Dar'ke looked at me to explain. Dar'ke could be wise about some things but when it came to mates he really needed help. "She just gave birth about a week ago, went through hell. Her hormones are all over the place. Remember Chris treats Lu'Nye like her suckling when she has given birth. She is going to be as protective of him as she is Jay'Ve, Sha'On an Rakkii. Maybe even more so, her mood swings are gonna be hard this time around. They will probably be more erratic as well Dar'ke. Given what you have told us what she is going thru. I am surprised she didn't punch us all off the balcony to our deaths. Let Sooni spend more time with her, that should help them both a lot."I say as I stand up to stretch.