Chapter 233

I couldn't sit by this time, Zu'ko had returned to the kitchen with Zak. I tell Zak to look after Ceillia and the kitchen he was going to have them for the next week or so to run by himself.

After I had gone after Chris when she went down to the Docks...hearing those mourful Wails from her...I can't just sit by.

Not this time! I go to my room and flip open the secret compartment that had my gear when I was Mar'cte. RedOne had given me some updated gear last time we met. I didn't think I needed it, now I am thankful that old Pauker had the sense to give me this.

I gear up the first time in many, many years. I was just glad that everything fits. As I leave the kitchen Kiki stops me and she hugs my legs. "Bring them back Grandpa!" She said sorrowfully to me.

I bent down and purred at her as I petted her head crest. "I will bring them all back...Don't you worry." I say to her.

Ceillia looks at me "Give them Hell!" She said giving me a thumbs up. I nod to her as I leave the room. I head to the training area first as it is on the way to med bay. I grab the spear of my pup...even if she couldn't be there I would bring her hunter spirit with me to protect them.

Time to give Dar'ke hell as well...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am standing there with Hopper, Dee and Fa'tae as we all stare out the door. "Did OldOne just come out of retirement?" I asked them.

Hopper was nodding like he just saw his hunting idol. Which I am Pretty sure that OldOne is the legendary Mar'cte! I thought they were joking before. Turns out they were telling the truth!

I look over to Hopper who slaps his own face a few times and shakes his head before he speaks to us. "Okay so don't know if you have seen the reports but Crash is out of commission for the moment. Dee right now you will be guarding Chris and you will switch with Fa'tae every few hours to help in the kitchen. As well as sleep when needed. Sa'ke I need you to get the codes from Sooni about who is picking up Chris. I am gonna check the star charts to see if there is a planet near by that we can get supplies from. The kitchen may be well stocked now but with Chris going home. We need to be more careful about resources. I will also check if there are bounties near by that we can take care of for the council as well. Everyone understand? Okay let's go!" Hopper said while pumping his fist into the air.

"That is Hopper right?" I asked Dee and Fa'tae.

They both nodded. When Dee spoke up "Hopper can be very good at taking command when needed. He just rather not have that responsibility most days..." Dee said to me seriously.

I nodded at them. "Okay let's do this, if you two have any issues let me know. If Chris's vitals change at all let us know right away." I say to them as I leave.

I head up to the bridge it was gonna be long week....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I felt like someone punched me in the head with a power punch glove. I open my eyes and things are view much differently...what the hell?

I sit up and rub my head, my skin is soft...wait I feel back and my dreads feel like Ooman hair...? I look down and see that my scales are gone! Replaced with soft Ooman skin that is the color of iron ore...

I see my brothers and I try and call to them...I have no mandibles!?!? I feel my face...I have an Ooman body!?!? How? I reach up and feel lips...and a nose...?

I see that most of my gear is gone and I am only wearing a loose loincloth. Jay'Ve sees me and comes over. I sign to him 'What Happened?'.

'We got caught in a portal and was transported to another Ooman base. We met good Oomans here, like Ooma! As well as the Ooman and Ooman pup you met on the other base' he signed back to me.