Bro Talk

Yosuke's POV:

"What the fuck is up with you?" Shin snaps, pushing me backwards.

"What are you talking about?!" I wipe my eyes.

"That." He points back to Yu's place. "What the fuck was that?!"

"It was a dare," I yell, adjusting my shirt. "I mean... I mean absolutely nothing to him."

Finally admitting it hurts way more than it should. He's told me already, and that hurt like a bitch... But, me saying it...? It's like I do believe it

"You better not," Shin snarls.

Shit, what has got him so worked up? He doesn't own Yu. He's his own person. And, if he doesn't wanna be with me, that's fine. But it doesn't mean Shin can make these decisions for him.

"That's beside the point," I sigh. I usher Teddie to move along so that Shin and I can talk in a little more privacy. "Look." I hold out my phone to him: the messages of me and that kid I met today.

"What the fuck," he denies. "That's bullshit. Who the fuck is that guy?!"

"S-some kid you beat today," I stutter beneath my brother's upcoming anger. "I-in the basketball match."

"Show me his number."

"I-it doesn't say," I stammer. "H-he musta made it private, or something..."

"You're such a fucking failure!" He fumes. "You did this. If he fucking hurts Narukami--"

"He won't!" I interrupt.

"What?"

"I'll protect him." Saying it like that, and in front of my brother, too, makes me realize just how small and weak I am compared to other guys our age.

"You?" He scoffs. "You'll fucking pass out after the first hit. I'll save him."

"Wait," I say. "...Do you think these are the same guys who want to hurt Yu?"

"What do you mean?"

"The ones who threatened you," I explain. "Wouldn't it make more sense if these were the same people? I mean, shit, I've never known somebody get so pissed after losing a game that they'd resort to violence."

"You've clearly never played sport," he groans.

"Don't you think I'm right?"

"I don't know," He shrugs. "Maybe?" He sighs. "I have to call him."

~~~

Yu's POV:

"Wh- what's up, Senpai?" Kanji says, sitting down on my couch. I sit beside him, crossing my arms. "L-looks like you're gonna interrogate me or some shit... heh..."

"Why did you do that?"

"I have no idea what you're talking about."

"That," I groan. "That stupid dare."

"Hey, I don't know what you're getting all snappy at me for!" He throws his hands up in defence. "I thought that's what you wanted!"

"No!" I sigh. "Not that at all..."

"You told me you had a crush on him. I was only trying to help."

"Crushes fade, okay, Kanji?"

"You're shittin' me, right?"

I sigh, shaking my head.

"I don't believe you," he scoffs. "One minute you're madly in love with him, and the next you don't wanna see him?"