Chapter 87 - Desert Sorcery - Part 3

Summary: Link continues with his new life then works to locate and confront Timela. Hylia presents him with a painful choice.

Link and Zelda awoke the following day in each other's arms. Zelda smiled at him.

"You know where you are today?" said Zelda. "You're not going to jump out of bed, surprised to see me?"

"I know where I am," said Link as he smiled back at her and hugged her. "I'm where I belong right now. What does Astra do in the mornings?"

"She has lessons," said Zelda. "Nothing too serious at her age. Some playing goes along with it. Then she has lunch and the afternoon off. You generally do some work for me in the morning and then spend the afternoon with her if you're free. Otherwise, she plays with one of the nursemaids."

"What are the nursemaids' names, by the way," said Link.

"In the morning, it's Alicia, and in the evening, it's Patricia," said Zelda. "If you get confused, think of AM and PM."

"I'll try to remember," said Link.

"We should get up, but the company was nice," said Zelda. "I have things to do this morning but will meet you at the castle entrance at noon for our picnic. After that you can take Astra sailing again or whatever you two want. I want you to have time with her, and she enjoys being out on the water with you. Besides the fun of being on the boat, I think she likes having you all to herself. There are no Royal Guards or nursemaids with her when you two are on the boat together. She loves you very much, Link."

"And I love her," said Link. "I love being with her, and she has made me very happy. Tomorrow I want to visit Hateno Village, though. Hylia trapped that witch's ex-husband in a statue there, and I'm hoping he will give me some useful information. I'll need some extra rupees to bribe him. So I will probably be gone all day tomorrow. And I don't know what will happen when I finish. We should let Astra know."

"She'll understand," said Zelda. "You travel on occasion and do some work for me sometimes."

"Really?" laughed Link. "I'd love to see my performance review. I think a good morning kiss would be nice if you don't mind."

"That is a nice idea," laughed Zelda. "But it won't change your review."

They kissed, then got out of bed and prepared for the day ahead.

"You can withdraw rupees from the treasury," said Zelda. "By the way, there is always a guard stationed at Hateno Village who patrols the area and keeps an eye on your old house, among other things. So everything there should be the way you left it."

Link spent the morning finding where his things were and getting prepared for his trip to Hateno Village the next day. He wanted to get an early start tomorrow. By the time he had everything ready, it was time for their picnic. He made his way to the castle entrance, and Astra was there with Alicia.

Astra ran to him, and he picked her up and hugged her.

"Good morning, Alicia," said Link as he held Astra in his arms.

"Good morning, Your Highness," said Alicia. "The Princess certainly can't wait to see you each day!"

"I love you, sweetheart," said Link to Astra as he held her, and she wrapped her arms around his neck.

"You forgot to say how much!" said Astra.

"You already know, sweetheart," laughed Link. "As much as there are stars in the sky. Oh, here comes Mommy."

Zelda and four Royal Guards were approaching from the castle entrance.

"Do we need so many guards?" said Link as he looked back at them.