Woodland Walks

It's a gorgeous spring day, so as usual I beg Eddie to come with me on a woodland walk through the woods near his trailer. He finally agrees after a minimal amount of pleading, lacing up his white shoes before rushing out of the door to catch up with me.

The trees are a magnificent shade of green, and there's wildflowers growing across the trails people use for dog walks, it's the perfect temperature and Eddie even stops to look up at the bright blue sky above. I copy him, looking up but when I turn back to Eddie, his eyes are on me.

"What?" I grin, frowning as he strolls forward and takes my hands in his, he shrugs and kisses my forehead.

"I'm just so happy with you, even if I am forced to follow your fairytale ideas." He murmurs. I smile up at him, but them something red catches my eyes and I rush towards it.

"Look!" I exclaim, leaning down to gently touch the petals of some vivid poppies, mixed in are a few giant daisies too.

Eddie crouches next to me and plucks two up, then carefully he tucks them behind my ear. "Now you're like a fairy of the wood, enchanting everyone with your beauty." He mumbles with a wide smile.

I grab a daisy and reach for Eddie, but he's already standing up and walking backwards, putting his hands out. "Oh no you don't, you're not putting that in my hair."

A playful grin tilts my lips, and as if Eddie knows my plan already, he turns around and begins running. I follow, laughing as I threaten him with the flower, he suddenly turns left and dashes through a gap in the treeline, so I follow and almost slam into Eddie's back.

"Oomf," I mumble, my flower now crushed thanks to Eddie's back, I side step him but freeze as I see what he's staring at.

Beyond is a meadow filled with thousands of wildflowers, bees buzz around and there's a willow tree in the distance. I gasp and walk into the meadow with Eddie on my heels.

"It's beautiful!" I whisper as Eddie wraps his arms around me from behind, noticing he's vulnerable, I grab one of my own flowers and shove it in Eddie's hair. He staggers back, tripping over his own feet and taking me with him.

We land on the soft green grass, giggling at the childish nature of our actions. I roll off of him and link our hands together, both of us looking up at the clouds which are fluffy and huge.

"What do you see?" I softly ask, pointing at the clouds. I watch them drift by and turn to Eddie when I realise he hasn't answered me.

"My life." He murmurs, his face turned towards me as he looks at me as if I'm the most important thing to him. Our eyes stay connected for a while, soaking up the moment until I break it.

"Yeah? Well I saw a cow."

Eddie laughs as a light breeze carries the scent of spring through the air.