I Thought I'd Impress You

My eyes open and I'm immediately squinting against the sunlight that escapes through the cracks of Eddie's curtains, I let out a yawn and turn over, feeling Eddie's arm draped around my waist, only to find that he's already awake and watching me with admiration in his eyes.

"Hey stranger," he whispers smiling, leaning in to press a kiss to my nose, "how are you feeling?" He softly asks as he reaches out and brushes my morning hair away from my face.

There's a dull ache between my legs, but other than that I'm okay, maybe a little tired. "I'm alright, nothing too bad," I reply, "but can we wait until I'm feeling better before we do it for the second time?"

Eddie nods, his face full of understanding. "Of course sweetheart, I'll wait until you take the lead or let me know." I still can't believe last nights events, I thought maybe I'd feel different, but I'm still the same.

I smile as he yawns and unwraps himself from me, stretching his arms above his head and flexing his neck muscles. I yawn again thanks to him, apparently feeling more exhausted than I thought. Eddie sits up and looks down at me. "Sleep a little longer, I've got a few things to do but I'll be here when you wake up." He murmurs, pulling the covers over me and tucking me in like a human burrito. I nod and snuggle back into the warmth more, enjoying the scent of Eddie sheets.

I smile and close my eyes, already feeling myself slip away...

When I wake up again, I see that it's almost 12, I sit up and flatten my hair before pulling on yesterday's clothes and heading to the kitchen, to find Eddie mixing something in a bowl. As soon as he sees me he grins and opens an arm, beckoning me to hug him. I slip under his arm as he squeezes me to his warm body and gently kisses the side of my head.

"What are you making?" I ask as I peek into the bowl.

"Pancakes for my girl." He replies, advancing to pour the mixture into a pan. I watch as he grabs a spatula and begins to peel the pancake away from the pan, careful not to damage the near perfect shape. I sit down as he dishes it up, pouring some syrup onto it.

"How did you learn to make them?" I ask amazed as he brings the plate to me with a knife and fork.

Eddie shrugs, "I read a recipe, I know you like them so I thought I'd impress you."

I take a bite of the pancake, it's surprisingly delicious. I groan and offer Eddie a forkful, but instead of taking it he leans forward and covers his mouth over it, making my mouth part. Damn, that was cute.

He chews and looks to the ceiling before nodding in approval. "Good, maybe more flour next time." He says more to himself.

I finish off the plate and take it to the sink, Eddie follows me and wraps his arms around my middle, his chin rests on my head as he presses his chest to my back. "What does the maiden want to do today?" He asks in a funny voice.

I grin and tilt my head to look up at him, "I thought we could have a lazy day, maybe watch a few movies, plan some DnD, read for a while?"

Eddie's eyes light up as he looks at me with pure love. "Keep talking like that and we'll be married by the end of the year."

"Wow, who knew fantasy would get you so riled up?" I tease, turning around and grinning up at him.

Eddie winks at me, "What can I say, I love sword play."

I burst out into laughter, leaning my head against Eddie's chest as he chuckles. "That was terrible."

"Yeah I know...but it made you laugh."