Mean Right Hook

I walk down the corridor with Chrissy Cunningham, despite our major differences, we actually get along pretty well. We're in the middle of a conversation when we both hear shouting.

I look at her until I recognise the familiar shout of her asshole boyfriend Jason. We both burst out of the doors and into the parking lot where the chaos is unfolding.

A massive crowd of students are in a circle, which usually means there's a fight going on. Chrissy runs to her fellow cheerleader friends whilst I push my way through the students, freezing when I finally see the commotion.

Jason and a few of his friends are shouting aggressively at my boyfriend Eddie and the older members of Hellfire. Eddie and Jason are practically toe to toe whilst the others just shout insults at each other. I almost roll my eyes at the childish behaviour.

"Hey, get away from him!" I shout, darting forward and getting in the middle of Eddie and Jason. Eddie's chest meets my back, he's still trying to threaten Jason.

"See, you can't even fight your own battles, your weak freak of a girlfriend has to step in for you!" Jason says.

I raise my eyebrows and try to push Eddie away, "Call me a weak again and I'll show you just how wrong you are." I grit out through my teeth.

Jason purposely leans into my face and mumbles "Pathetic."

It takes milliseconds for me to clench my right hand into a fist and for my knuckles to meet Jason's jaw. He flies backwards and his friends catch him, I throw him a grin and rush to grab Eddie, who's throwing himself at Jason with his fists raised.

"Fucking asshole!" Eddie shouts as Gareth and Jeff help me pull him away from the crowd. I briefly hear Chrissy talking to Jason.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Jason asks her. Chrissy shakes her head as she caresses his jaw, "You deserved that one."

A small smile plays on the edges of my lips until we all make it to Eddie's van. Eddie shrugs his friends off and punches a nearby wall, "Bastard!" He yells to nobody in particular.

I nod a thanks to his friends as they turn and leave, talking amongst themselves. Eddie's still facing away from me, so I step forward and gently touch his arm.

"Are you okay?" I softly ask, looking down at my slowly bruising knuckles.

"Other than ready to commit murder, I'm fine." Eddie scoffs, turning to me. As soon as he looks at me, he must see the pain I'm trying to hide.

"Shit, do you need to go to the hospital?" He asks, gently pulling my hand up to his face to inspect it. I shrug and cup his cheek, rubbing my thumb across his jaw.

"I'm fine, let's just go home and forget about all this. We can toilet paper Jason's house another day." I smile, earning a small laugh from Eddie.

He wraps an arm around my shoulders, bringing me close to his chest. "You know, you have a mean right hook."

"All the better to defend you with my dear." I laugh, leaning my head to his heart.