Hell Of A Night

I sit on Eddie's lap as his fingers casually  trace patterns on my thigh, the rest of Corroded Coffin sit on the other worn couch in the garage where they've been practicing for the last few hours.

"I hear one of the seniors is having a massive party tonight." Jeff grins, playfully elbowing Gareth as his face lights up.

"It's been way too long since we last crashed one." Gareth smiles, his head bobbing with excitement. I watch the strange interaction until Eddie's chin rests on the top of my head.

"You wanna go?" He murmurs, tangling his fingers with mine and bringing them up to his mouth to kiss.

"I don't know...I've never been to a houseparty." I admit sheepishly, Jeff and Gareth give me an odd look before continuing their excited chatter.

"That's all right, you don't have to say-"

"But I want to. Yeah, let's go." I interupt before Eddie can finish, he pats my thigh before kissing the top of my head. I stand up and straighten my clothes as Eddie grabs his jacket.

"Maybe we'll see you guys later." He says as he wraps an arm around my shoulders and leads me out of the garage and drops me off home.

A few hours later I finish packing my bag like Eddie instructed then I tell my parents some excuse of going to a sleepover before leaving the house, meeting Eddie's van which is parked around the corner.

"Sure you're down for this?" Eddie asks with question in his eyes. I nod and give him a reassuring smile before he drives us to a motel near the party, if we're gonna be drinking Eddie refuses to drive.

I spend an hour getting ready, flouncing about with my hair and makeup. Once I'm done I leave the chaos of the bathroom to find Eddie sitting on the bed, his head turns towards me as his mouth opens.

"Shit, maybe we should stay here and have a party of our own." He mumbles deeply, grabbing my hips and looking up at me. I playfully smack his shoulder and shake my head.

It's a ten minute walk to the party, Eddie holds my hand the whole time even when we get there. The music can be heard from outside and I'm so excited but nervous.

"Let's get you your first drink." Eddie grins as we enter the house, a few people give us odd looks but most seem too drunk to care. Eddie leads me to the kitchen and offers me two bottles, I shake my head in confusion so Eddie purses his lips in thought before pouring me a drink from the first bottle.

"Cheers." He smiles, clinking my red solo cup with his bottle of beer, I take a heavy gulp of my drink, pulling a face but laughing it off.

"Nice?" Eddie teases, so I flip him off and grab his hand, leading him to the dance floor. We dance for a while, though Eddie just manages to make the most of having his hands on me, until Eddie wants a cigarette.

Hours and hours pass, drinks are drunk and games are played until I let out my first yawn. The party's died down a bit and most people have passed out, so Eddie smiles ruefully at me as he tilts his head to the door.

"Come on princess, I think that's enough for tonight." He mumbles, wrapping an arm around my waist to support me.

I don't argue, I stumble along with him back to the motel, where I rush to the bathroom and lean over the toilet.

"Yep, thought so" Eddie says as he kneels down to hold my hair back.

"I'm never drinking again." I slur, heaving again.

"Uh-huh," Eddie chuckles, taking care of me until I'm done. Afterwards I somehow end up in bed, snuggled next to Eddie watching some cheesy cartoon show on the motel TV until I fall asleep.