Lie To Me

Eddie grins and wraps his arms around me whilst laughing at some joke with the rest of the Hellfire Club. I force a smile, ducking out of his hold as I cross the room, reaching for my bag.

I begin putting my dice into my bag, along with the other things I brought. I feel Eddie's eyes on me, and when I look up I see him watching me with concern. I feel awkward, so I wave and quickly rush out of the room, waiting for him outside.

A few minutes later the members of the club pass me in the corridor, saying their goodbyes. Eddie's the last to leave, closing the door behind him but pausing his hand on the door knob.

I push off against the wall, turning my back on him and begin walking to the exit of the school. When I notice he's not following, I turn back around, seeing him slumped against the door watching me. I frown at his sorrowful expression, taking a few steps towards him I softly ask "What's wrong?"

Eddie huffs a laugh and runs a hand through his brown hair, "If you don't love me anymore, can't you at least lie?"

I stare at him, confused for a second. "W-what?" I stutter, my heart pounding in worry.

Eddie closes the distance between us, his ringed hand come up and cup my cheeks as his eyes fill with tears. "You've been acting weird, avoiding me. I'm selfish and I care about you too much to let you go, so if you don't feel the same way, I'm asking you to lie to me, just for a little while longer."

I shake my head, grabbing his Hellfire tee in my fists. "You're asking the impossible Eddie, I'll never lie to you," Eddie's breath catches as he closes his eyes, "so when I tell you I love you, I'm not bullshitting. I love you." My eyes fill with tears, hoping he believes me.

He nods once, sniffling as he steps back and wipes his eyes with the back of his hand. "I'm sorry I've been weird, I'm just getting used to showing people we're in a relationship, I'm so used to us hiding it, it's weird hugging in front of everyone."

Eddie looks at me hopefully. "That's it? You should have told me."

I shrug and grab his hand, linking his fingers with mine. "I know, I'm sorry, I just didn't want to disappoint you."

Eddie wraps am arm around my waist, pulling me close to him. "You could never do that, you amaze me everyday."

I smile, reaching up on my toes to press a delicate kiss to his mouth. "Let's get out of here."