Smiles and Snowflakes

My eyes slowly drift open, an exhale escapes my lips as I wake up, Eddie's arm is still draped around my waist as he snuggles against my back, his breath lightly tickles the back of my neck in a steady rhythm.

I carefully slip out of his hold, coaxing a groan from Eddie as he tries to reach for me, but I'm already standing up and peeking out of the blind. An excited gasp slips out of me as my lips tilt into a smile.

As I look outside, the whole trailer park is dusted in white, a heavy flow of snow falls from the grey sky, creating a beautiful landscape and the perfect opportunity for a snow day.

I grab my clothes from the floor and rapidly throw them on, rushing to the bathroom to quickly pee and brush my hair, then I lace up my boots, throw on my coat and scramble for the front door. As soon as I'm outside the cold hits me, and I realise I'm not really prepared to be out here so soon.

Seconds later, Eddie runs out of the door dressed and in a heavy jacket I've never seen him in before, it must be his uncle Wayne's. "Hey, we can't have you getting frostbite," Eddie laughs as he wraps a scarf around my neck carefully, he then grabs some gloves from his pockets and gently puts them on my hands, kissing my nose once he's done.

"Thanks, I think I got too excited," I grin, looking up as snowflakes fall onto my face. My moment of peace is quickly disturbed when a thud hits my chest, I swivel my head to see Eddie standing a few steps away holding a snowball.

I narrow my eyes, crouching down and forming a snowball before launching it at him. It hits his shoulder, Eddie gives me a pointed look moments before he runs at me, his arms outstretched as he tackles me to the soft snowy ground.

Laughing, Eddie brushes some hair out of my face as he slowly leans down and presses his lips to mine in a sweet and gentle kiss. He rolls off of me and I begin to wave my arms and legs in the snow, forming a snow angel. Eddie follows, the crunch of the snow loud in the still morning.

"Come on snow bug, let's head inside to warm up." Eddie softly murmurs standing up, he hauls me up and we walk hand in hand back to his trailer.

As soon as we get inside, Eddie begins boiling the kettle and grabs his blankets from his bed. I sit on the couch with a runny nose as he brings over two cups of coffee. We nestle back into the blankets, trying to warm up as Eddie strokes my hair.