Unhealthy Coping PT 2

Eddie POV:

It's been minutes since she left, and I've never felt so conflicted. Half of me wants to run after her, to grab her and shout that she's messing with my head and I can't take it. The other half feels too hungover to even move.

I groan and sip the water she left out, before laying back down. For once I don't feel sick, my body's probably used to the alcohol I've been drinking since she broke up with me.

Throughout the day, I do my part around the trailer silently, even Uncle Wayne asks if I'm okay. I nod and tell him I've just got a lot on my mind, which isn't a lie, I've been planning what I'm going to say to Y/N tonight when I go thank her and try to get her back.

A heavy storm falls over Hawkins, rain batters the trailer park but I can't wait until tomorrow. "Be safe out there kiddo." Wayne says sounding more like a warning than anything.

I run to my van, getting drenched in the process, before starting it up and carefully driving to her house. The roads are practically rivers, and I have to drive half as slow as usual, which isn't a problem since I can barely see where I'm going.

Parking outside her house, I see only her bedroom light is on. Her parents must be away again. I ponder for a second, debating if this is a good idea, maybe I shouldn't do this, maybe it's good she broke up with me. No, don't be a coward.

I race to her front door, freezing and shivering within seconds. I press the doorbell, getting drenched by the rain as every second passes.

Eventually, the front door opens, and she stands there looking shocked and concerned. "Come in before you drown" she nervously laughs. God, I forgot how much I love her laugh.

She closes the door behind me, crossing her arms as she looks at me expectantly. My planned speech disappears from my mind, and I blurt out "Can we get back together?"

Jesus Christ, what was I thinking? I'm such a dumbass, she's right.

Her eyes widen as she stares at me, but then she smiles and begins to laugh, for real this time. "You've never been one to tip toe around things."

I stay quiet, worried that if I open my mouth I'll say something stupid again, but my mouth has other plans. "Nothing feels the same without you there. My beds too empty, band practice doesn't feel right, hell, I keep putting a chair out for you at Hellfire."

Her smiles fades, as I shut up. "Do you remember what I said last night?" She softly asks, anxiously toying with her sleeve. I nod.

She takes a breath before meeting my eyes, "And you're still here? Even though I hurt you?"

"I'll always come back to you. I've ran from things and I'm not proud of that, but I've learnt you can't just run away from things that scare you, if you do that, you'll never experience the win." I say, stepping closer to her.

She nods once, "I know, I'm so sorry for hurting you." Her eyes fill with tears and I can't take it anymore. I wrap my arms around her warm body, feeling that immediate sense of comfort and belonging.

I feel her hug me back and cry, I stroke her hair and wait until she's calmed down before I lean back to look down at her beautiful face. "And I'm sorry for acting the way I did, it was so stupid and I swear it'll never happen again."

She gives me a watery smile and leans her forehead against my chest. "You should stay here tonight, the storms pretty bad outside."

I huff a laugh and kiss the top of her head. "Still scared of thunder?" I tease. As if the universe was listening, thunder booms outside and she grips onto me.

"I'll stay." I murmur.