Into The Darkness

I try to control my breathing as Steve dives into the darkness, I look to Eddie seeing that he's just as panicky as I am. Nancy counts on her watch, whilst Robin eagerly looks over her shoulder. I know how they feel, if it was Eddie going headfirst into danger I'd be ready to jump in to.

Suddenly Steve bursts out of the water, telling us he's found something. In the middle of his sentence, Steve gives us an odd expression, I'm about to question him but he's dragged under.

Within seconds Nancy follows, diving into the lake with Robin at her heels. "Shit!" Eddie shouts, pointing a finger at me.

"Don't you dare, we're staying here." He shouts, sounding more scared then angry. I glance down at the water, not seeing any sign of them coming back.

"Eddie, we've got to help them!" I say, perching on the edge of the boat, I'm not exactly eager to go in, but I'm not staying here and being a coward either. Eddie's eyes narrow as his hand reaches out, gripping the shoulder of my jacket.

"I'm not watching as you go in there." Eddie mumbles deeply. An idea crosses my mind and I pull Eddie towards me, I pretend to look like I'm going to cry. As predicted, Eddie takes the bait, he opens his arms and I have a brief second to mumble "Sorry" before I shove him into the water, following him a second after.

The coldness wraps around me, and I look around, searching for Eddie. I see him a small distance away, looking absolutely furious. He swims towards me and grabs my hand, trying to pull me up, but I shake my head and point to a glowing thing at the bottom of the lake.

I swim down, with Eddie beside me, clearly running out of oxygen since he's suddenly more eager to go through the gate. We reach it, looking to each other before I nod, Eddie grabs my hand as we swim through, feeling an odd sensation like something isn't right.

I finally run out of breath, my arms search for something, anything, to help me through. I need to breathe. Strong arms wrap around me and I'm suddenly gasping for breath, opening my eyes I see that I'm practically laying on top of Eddie, my head to his chest as he sits on the floor of-

Shit, we're in the Upside Down.

I look around, seeing vines everywhere, it all looks like something from one of Eddie's fantasy books. Something monstrous looking flies towards us, I roll off of Eddie moments before it would have hit me.

Nancy and Robin shout and I see more things flying our way, they look like some sort of demonic bat like creatures. Eddie grabs a nearby oar and brings it down on his knee, splitting it into two. If I wasn't about to fight for our lives, I'd be kissing the life out of Eddie for how attractive that was.

I back away from the incoming horde of bats, Eddie joins my side and passes me one half of the oar. Looking down at me, he asks "You ready?"

I nod, tigenting the grip of my weapon.