Now I Can See You

I finish setting up the tools needed to cut and dye my own hair when the front door knocks, I rush downstairs with a towel draped around my neck, skidding at the door to answer it.

Eddie, my boyfriend, stands there with a bunch of wild daisies in his hand. As soon as he sees me his brows furrow and he gestures to the towel. "Am I interrupting something?" He asks as I laugh and shake my head, grabbing his arm to pull him into the empty house.

"I was about to cut and dye my hair." I answer, accepting the daisies and putting them in a cup filled with water. Eddie follows me upstairs and proceeds to pick up the numerous combs and bowls from the bathroom counter, he looks at everything as if it's some futuristic technology.

"That's a brush for hair dye." I smile as he begins to use it to brush his arm. Eddie nods and leans against the sink, watching as I wrestle a brush through my hair.

"Can I be of any help since I'm here?" Eddie asks softly, tilting his head adorably. I think it through, I'm pretty precise about my hair and would probably cry if anything ruined it, but I trust Eddie to follow instructions.

I nod and pass him my hairbrush, he takes it from he and gently begins brushing my hair. It's nice and relaxing, it reminds me of being a child, so much so that I close my eyes as he maneuvers around my hair, apologising profusely when he catches on a tangle.

Once done I look into the mirror to see him smiling at me, and a small blush covers my cheeks as I realise he's been watching me whilst my eyes were closed. I clear my throat and grab the scissors.

"Are you sure you'll be okay? I'm not gonna lie, I don't want the responsibility of cutting your hair." Eddie says worriedly, but I can tell he's willing to do anything if I asked.

I reach onto my toes and press a kiss to his cheek, mumbling a "I've done it before." I then begin trimming the ends whilst tying bits up to be accurate, my hair falls to the floor as Eddie watches me with curiosity. Soon after I comb through it, looking into the mirror and seeing it much neater and healthier.

"There," I grin, turning to Eddie so he can see me properly, "now I can see you better."

Eddie chuckles as he nods and gives me a cute thumbs up. "Great job, it looks good."

I then begin taking the dye out of the box as Eddie disappears for a few minutes, when he comes back he has a sweeping brush in one hand and a can of soda in the other. He sets the soda on the counter before then beginning to clean up after me.

I look at him with an arched eyebrow. Eddie shrugs and nods to the drink, "Sugar boost and all."

I thank him and continue mixing the dye, watching the colour come together. Once ready I reach for the gloves, but Eddie grabs then and puts them on. "Tell me what to do."

I smile and explain how to put on the dye, Eddie nods and asks a few questions but within a few minutes he's smothering the dye over my hair, his tongue peeks out of his mouth as he concentrates to get it even, and I bite back a laugh as he leans closer to my hair, almost getting dye on his nose.

Some time later the dye is all on and Eddie peels off the gloves. We head to my room and sit on my bed talking about his day until the dye is ready to be rinsed. We go back to the bathroom and I kneel on the floor as Eddie reaches over me and begins to rinse the dye, once again extremely careful and gentle.

I towel dry my hair as Eddie goes back to my room, flicking through one of my books. I check in the mirror and see the finished result, it's perfect and just what I wanted, and I can't wait to show Eddie. I wrap my hair up in the towel, tip toeing to Eddie.

"Ready to see?" I excitedly ask as Eddie sits up from my bed and nods. I unwrap the towel, letting my hair fall naturally.

Eddie's eyes widen and at first I panic thinking he doesn't like it, but then he stands and makes his way to me, his ringed hand reaches out and twirls a lock of hair around his finger.

"You're so goddamn pretty." He mumbles, making me smile.

"If you ever want a career change then hairdressing is the way to go." I tease, wrapping my arms around his neck before kissing him.