D&D Dress Up

"I can't wait to wear my costume later, I've been working on it all week!" Jeff excitedly says at the table, I glance at Eddie at my side, his hand linked with mine under the table.

"I'm actually pretty excited too." I chip in with a smile. A few weeks ago Eddie suggested that for our last campaign quest we should all dress up as our DnD characters at Hellfire Club, I was hesitant at first, but everyone's excitement is contagious.

Eddie watches me curiously, he's been asking me for days what outfit I'm going to wear since I'm a Bard, meaning the options are endless. I've kept my lips sealed, hoping to surprise him.

---------------------------------------------------------

After half an hour I finally finish getting dressed and ready for Hellfire. I'm wearing a deep plum purple gown with red lipstick, I've got a poetry book tucked into my belt and a fake dagger strapped to my thigh, I'm feeling good and kind of awesome.

Luckily school finished a while ago and everyone will be at the championship basketball game, so the coast is clear for me to safely make my way to Hellfire, running a few minutes late.

I can hear everyone's chatter before I even get inside the drama room, as soon as I walk in all eyes turn to me and I'm pretty sure Gareth spits out his Mountain Dew. I blush as I fix my hair nervously.

"Is it too much?" I worry, looking down. Eddie appears from the end of the table, his eyes wide and his lips parted.

Eddie shakes his head, licking his lips as I take my usual place at the table. "Alright, can't you all dim down the testosterone a bit." I laugh, finally the others go back to their conversations as Eddie continues to set up the table, apparently just as late as I am.

I look up to see Eddie beckoning me over with a finger as he sits at his throne at the top of the table, I smile and stand, walking over to him until his arms wrap around me and pull me towards him, I perch on his lap as the Hellfire Club talk about tactics and last weeks game.

"You look so good in this colour," Eddie mumbles near my ear as I wrap an arm around his neck to balance myself, "and if I wasn't in love with you already, I'd be head over heels seeing you."

"Don't be so dramatic, it's just a costume." I murmur as I reach up and cup his cheek, Eddie's ringed hand covers mine.

"I'm serious, you're truly beautiful Y/N." Eddie says whilst looking into my eyes. I smile and lean forward, pressing a kiss to his lips gently. Eddie's hand rests on my thigh, preventing me from getting up.

"You could help me with my Dungeon Master duties?" Eddie offers with a suggestive smile.

I shake my head as I hop off of his lap, "Uh-uh, the group needs their bard." I shrug, walking back to my place at the table.

Eddie purses his lips together as he curses under his breath, then raises his voice to get the groups attention.

"I want your most aggressive spells, your most malicious attacks, I want you to best this campaign." Eddie announces.

The group look at him with odd expressions, usually Eddie basks in our defeats. "Why the sudden change of heart?" Asks Dustin.

Eddie looks to me as he replies "I've got a pretty bard waiting to be wooed."

I snort a laugh as the group makes sick noises, Gareth laughs and Mike just stares as if he's lost.

Eddie smirks then clears his throat, before starting the campaign...