Such A Rush

The darkness covers us as Eddie and I crouch down, slowly making our way up the driveway. As soon as we reach the red fancy car Eddie turns to me and whispers "Are you sure you wanna do this?"

I bite my lip, glancing back at the road, but my determination and need for revenge gets the better of me. I nod, "I do, but you can still back out now."

Eddie looks at me as if I'm mad. "And leave my girl on her own? Come on, you know me better than that." He scoffs, then reaches into his pocket to pull out the tools he needs to pick the lock.

I anxiously watch as Eddie turns the lock, the metal scrapes against the red paint creating a nice little scratch. Somewhere in the distance a dog barks, and my breathing becomes heavier. Eddie doesn't seem panicked, if anything he seems like he's having fun.

"Come on, come on!" Eddie mutters, his tongue peeks out of his lips as he bends the metal in more.

A click sounds, followed by the horrendous screech of the car alarm. Eddie and I look to each other in a mix of amusement and fear before we jump into action. Eddie quickly gets into the car and begins hotwiring as I look up, seeing the house's lights come on, I swear and open the passenger door just as the front door swings open and my bully stands there looking furious.

"This is the least you owe me!" I call out as I hop into the car, raising my middle finger to him as he stares in shock. Eddie laughs as the engine roars to life, seconds later he's reversing down the drive as Rock You Like A Hurricane by the Scorpions blasts loudly.

My bully sprints down the drive after us, so I blow him a kiss as Eddie steps on it, racing down the road going faster and faster. I finally relax and flop in my seat, exhaling a breathy laugh as Eddie puts his hand on my thigh.

"I guess we're partners in crime now." Eddie says, changing the gear.

I nod with a smile, placing my hand over his. "Yeah, literally, but let's not take advice from Bonnie and Clyde, I'm enjoying life with you right now."

Eddie grins as we speed past the 'Leaving Hawkins' sign, for once the darkness doesn't look so daunting.