High Enough

It's been such a stressful day for Eddie. With studying becoming a necessity, the Hellfire Club still needing its Dungeon Master and Eddie's band getting more and more fans, to say he's overwhelmed would be an understatement.

I head over to his trailer after Hellfire on Friday, carrying a bag of snacks and two slushies. I knock on the door before heading in, this is the usual routine for both of us, and I'm expecting him to he slouched on the couch with a joint dangling from his fingers.

However, Eddie is actually sitting there reading a worn book. I look at him weirdly as I close the door with my foot. "Who are you and where is my Eddie?" I laugh, setting the food and drinks down on the coffee table.

Eddie smiles and bookmarks his book, setting it down next to him. "I just wanted to do something different tonight." He shrugs, reaching for the blue raspberry slushie.

My eyebrows scrunch together as I walk up to him, sniffing the air around him. "You smell...nice?" I drawl as Eddie quirks a brow.

"Uhh, thanks? Do I not usually?" He chuckles, sticking out a blue tongue at me. I shake my head as I sit next to him, reaching into the bag.

"Not on Saturday nights, usually you're high." I say bluntly, opening up a bag of cheesy puffs. Eddie nods with a sigh.

"Yeah," he mumbles, "I'm giving that shit up, it's good for a while until it's not. Besides, I've found a new way of getting stoned."

I almost spit out my food, "I told you not to try anything dodgy-" I begin, but Eddie places a finger on my lips.

"Let me finish. I was going to say, you're my new coping mechanism, you're always here for me and help me out with shit, plus kissing you feels like getting high, it's addictive and intoxicating."

My eyes widen and Eddie smirks, leaning forward to kiss me. "You're my drug." He murmurs as his hands grab the back of my neck.

"I guess you don't need the Saturday snack sessions then." I smile as he pulls away, he frowns and gives me a pointed look.

"Come on, don't be dramatic, I'll give up drugs but these slushies are like my lifeline."