Chapter One Hundred and Forty-Two - I'm gonna be a Hunter!

Sighing heavily at where we are now I can't help but feel like my life is falling apart again, Cass and I are leaning against the hood of the Impala; Sam is pumping gas and Dean went inside to get supplies; Cass is nose deep in a newspaper while I lean against him for support for some reason I feel like he's the only one that I can truly trust and the only one who really understands me right now. Footsteps eventually approach from the left and Dean asks, "what's the word, Cass?"

Without looking away from the paper he says, "it's a shortened version of my name," this makes me giggle and I can see the Angel smirk out of the corner of my eye.

"Yes, it is," Dean states, "I meant what's the word on the Word? Any, uh, tablet chatter on Angel radio?"

'Oh I couldn't say," he shrugs, "I turned it off."

I can see the shock on Dean's face and I feel my own eyebrows raise.

"You can do that?" I ask and he nods, "yeah, it's a simple matter of blocking out certain subsonic frequencies. I could draw a diagram if you want."

"No, that's – we're good," Dean says, "why'd you flip the switch?"

"Because it's a direct line to Heaven. And I don't want anything to do with that place – not anymore."

I look over at Dean and stand up straighter, "so what now?" he asks the Angel, "move to Vermont, open up a charming B&B?"

"No," he shakes his head and turns to us, "no, I still...I still want to help people so," he smiles then, "I'm gonna become a hunter."

"Really?" Sam asks joining us and he nods, "yeah, I could be your fourth wheel I guess."

Sam laughs, Dean stares at his friend and I can't help but chuckle too, so Sam starts in with, "well I found a case, Oklahoma City – a man's heart jumped 10 feet out of his chest. It sounds like our kind of thing, right?"

"Excellent," Cass taps the hood, "I'll see you there."

Before he can go, I grab his arm firmly, "wait, wait Cass! If you want to play cowboys and Indians, that's fine. But you're gonna stick with us, okay? None of this zapping around crap, got it?" He nods, "yeah."

We go to get into the car when he asks about sitting up front when Dean shoots him down and says that's Sam's seat and mine on occasion; so Castiel and I both take the back staring out the windows. Weirdly enough no one says anything else on the ride there which takes us most of the day and we arrive at the morgue in the police station in the late afternoon hours but the detective on duty is their surprise written on his face when four of us show up at his place of work but regardless of his surprise he shows us the body and the gaping hole shaped like a cartoon heart in the man's chest. Cass gets weird and sniffs the body without drawing attention and says a few things and Dean has to tell him to stop; once the detective hands me the case file, he heads out to take a call on his phone.

"I can't sense any EMF or sulfur," Cass states while Sam reads the file over my shoulder, "Mr. Freling's arterial health is, uh excellent," to our surprise yet again he leans over towards the body and sniffs deeply, "he did recently suffer from," sniffs again, "mild uh, bladder infection."

"Oh come on man," Dean grunts, "stop sniffing the dead guy, normal people can't...." I cut off Dean's words with, "did you know he was having an affair?"

Both Dean and Castiel look at me as Sam reads from the paper, "according to Olivia they would meet at the park every Thursday at 12:45, walk to the Moonlight Diner, where she always ordered a Caesar salad, dressing on the side. They would chat about everything, and she'd be back on the road by 1:30."