Chapter 196 - Blade and Mark, reunited

With his magic, Magnus subdued us both, tying Dean and I on opposite marble pillars in his large library. He uses chains on Dean's upper arms and ankles but only a thickly woven rope on me which burns my skin every time I try to move in order to release tension.

"Oh you're really a sorry piece of work," Dean growls, "you know that? Holed up here, doing nothing. You bitch about the Men of Letters, you're way worse."

"Should we fire it up?" Magnus appears in my vision holding the blade now, "what do you say?"

"Go to hell," Dean snaps.

I've got a really bad feeling in the pit of my stomach and somehow, I can see Dean feels the same about the situation and doesn't want the blade forced on him by this asshat.

"What the hell are you going to get from this?" I hiss, "who's to say he won't use it on you?"

"Because he won't," he says calmly, "now Dean, this is the object of your quest, you can't tell me Henry Winchester's grandson isn't curious to see if it works," he's in front of Dean his back to me, "give me your hand."

When Dean doesn't move an inch only stares daggers into the man's face does he take Dean's right hand with his own and forces the blade into his grasp; Dean's body goes rigid as the blade makes contact with his skin. I watch as a reddish light moves from the handle, up his wrist and seems to ignite the mark on his arm, he closes his eyes as his arm begins to shake seeming to become overwhelmed with the power the mark and blade combined have. After another long minute, the blade goes falling to the ground clattering loudly, I look up to see Dean's jaw clenched tightly with stress and a film of sweat on his forehead, Magnus bends to pick up the weapon, "good, that's good. Next time it'll be easier. You'll get used to the feeling, even welcome them."

I don't know what Magnus has planned for me, at least he hasn't voiced whatever he's going to do still enthralled about Dean and the blade.

"The two of you will come to understand," he explains, "nothing can or will stop us. Anything, anyone we want to own or destroy is ours."

"How about you go jump off a cliff," I hiss finally having a voice of my own, "because neither Dean nor I will do anything willingly for you; us Winchesters are stubborn and pig-headed like that."

Dean nods and Magnus turns to face me, weapon still in hand.

"Well, I'm not asking either of you for cooperation," he states flatly, "I'm taking it."

He turns back around putting the blade on a small pedestal beside where Dean is chained, takes his head in both his then says, "Mentem tuam ac voluntatem adsumo."

"Dean!" I shout as his face slightly relaxes, "what did you do to him?!"

"Interesting effect, huh?" he asks with amusement, "all thought, all will just drained out of him. I do this enough to him and you, once you have your powers back, you'll be ready for whatever I have in mind."

Magnus leaves Dean and the blade alone while he putters around behind the pillar I'm tied to; something sharp pierces my lower arm and I cry out causing Dean to come out of whatever stupor he was in and glares at the magician.

"Just need a little of your blood, dear," he states, "to make it work, I know it will."

"And if it doesn't?" I ask curious as to what he's trying to do and he responds with, "well I'll have Dean kill you, put my powers and his to the ultimate test."

My eyes widen then as I look across the empty space between Dean and myself, I can see the fear in his eyes knowing that if it comes to that he'll try his best to fight off Magnus's powers, but I can also see that he's not even sure if he can succeed. At least I know if it comes to something like that in the end, I'll know Dean didn't do it willingly but tried to fight; I start struggling then to get free of the ropes even if the fibers and whatever is in them burns my skin making me whimper as I do so.