Chapter 190 - Reunions

After we get back to the bunker Dean sets me up in the oversized chair in the library, Sam somehow managed to get an IV set up for me with fluids to help with how dehydrated I was when they found me. Mrs. Tran is getting herself cleaned up while Sam and Dean call out to Kevin who appears across from me; Dean's tucked a large comforter around me since the IV has started to force a chill over my body.

"We got her," Dean tells Kevin, "she's alive, she's here. But we wanted to give you a moment to... you know process."

"Oh, I uh... does she know?" he asks in referring to him being dead and we nod as she comes in just then, "Kevin? Hello son."

He turns to her a saddened smile appearing on his face as he turns away from us, I can see the sadness on Mrs. Tran's face too, but she tries to hide it just happy to be able to see her son still.

"Hey mom," he says almost too soft to hear then she can't hold it together anymore and begins to cry into her hands.

Dean and Kevin's mother go through his things and find the one thing that he's connected too, which turns out to be his dad's class ring. Sam checks the small IV bag, removes it since it's empty then asks how I'm feeling.

"Better," I whisper, "better, but not quite all the way there yet."

"We uh still need to reset your nose," he murmurs and I sigh, "yeah, but maybe I'll leave it for now at least until we see Cass again to fix it, yeah?"

"I don't think Dean would like that," he states, "especially with how it changes your voice plus the big bags under your eyes are pretty bad."

I touch my forehead with one hand realizing that my skin is paler than usual and now I'm starting to feel hunger pains, Kevin appears next to Sam then; I hear his mother and Dean talking and coming down the hall from his old room.

"She was held for a year and tortured because of me," he mumbles, "now that I found her, I'm not letting her out of my sight; she's my responsibility."

"And you were ours," Sam stats, "and we failed."

"Kevin, I'm so – so sorry," I don't get to finish my apology he just puts a hand up, "Mel, I know it wasn't you, go put a blade in that asshat who possessed you and we'll call it square," he smiles at me and I return the gesture, "thank you."

Dean and his mother appear then.

"You can thank us when we get you to heaven," Dean says, "where you belong. Okay, until then, enjoy your time with your mom. The, uh, uninterrupted, 24/7, no escape quality time."

"Dick," Kevin says but he's smiling at the jab.

His mother has started up the stairs and Kevin starts to go with him when he turns to glare at all three of us, "hey, before I go," he says, "will you guys promise me something?"

"Yeah, anything," Sam, Dean and I say at once and he crosses his arms, "can you like... get over it? Just cause you couldn't see me, doesn't mean I couldn't see you. The drama, the fighting. It's stupid. My mom's taking home a ghost. You three... you're still here."

"Of course," Sam says, "promise."

"Yeah," Dean murmurs and I nod my head in agreement even if it's something that will take a bit more to get over.

Kevin nods his approval and follows his mom out who had stopped at the top of the steps; one of the guys touches my shoulder and I turn my head to find Dean there; he bends down and plants a tender kiss on my forehead and I lean into his touch.