Chapter Eighty - One - Hard Feelings

Sam and Dean are seated at dad's kitchen table, the old man and I lean against the counter after I made food for the two of them a beer next to their plates; I can see Dean watching his brother closely hoping that he won't relapse.

"So Sam," Dean starts, "what's the last thing you remember?"

"Like I told Lennie when I went to find her is the both of us falling into the pit," he waves a hand, "I vaguely remember seeing her with me then everything else is a black wall."

"And then?" Dean pushes, "and then I woke up in the panic room."

"That's it?" Dad asks, "you really don't remember..." Dean cuts him off, "let's be glad who wants to remember all that hell?"

"How long was I gone?" Sam asks.

Dean and dad risk a glance at each other before he says, "almost two years," Sam stops chewing his sandwich and sets it down, "What? I was downstairs...for...I don't remember anything, so how'd I get back? Was it Cass?"

"Not exactly," I say and he looks at me, "what did you guys do?"

"It wasn't me for once," Dean states then looks at me and I sigh, "Death and I made a deal, I had leverage let's just leave it at that."

"You sure?" I nod, "slates wiped we're all grateful."

"Well isn't this just neat and clean?" Dad comments and leaves the room, I know he wants to tell Sam what happened, especially since the soulless Sam tried to kill him for a spell to keep his soul out of his body, "is there anything else I should know?"

No," Dean says quickly, "another beer?" Sam nods so Dean gets up brushing a hand over my arm as he passes, "there is one thing you should see Sam." He raises an eyebrow at me, Dean's posture stiffens, "stay here and I'll be right back."

Leaving the boys to themselves I head upstairs through the hallway and find Cassie drawing on my old desk with the colored pencils but when I appear she drops them like she wasn't doing anything bad.

"You know, your grampy gave you some paper to draw on," I tell her and she looks down, "it's alright CJ, how about we reintroduce your to your Uncle Sam?" Her eyes light up, "he's not sick anymore and will probably be more willing to play with you."

She races over, grabs my hand and starts tugging at it, "let's go mommy," she exclaims, "see bam!"

She still can't say his name right but that's probably because he wasn't really around when she started talking, besides I think it's a cute nickname. We walk down the stairs slowly her hand in mine while the other clings to the banister, she's getting bigger every day and learning to do more on her own and she'll be two in a few short weeks, then I'll have the terrible twos to worry about. Jody offered to set up the party with a 'Scooby Doo' theme since the little girl loves that show plus her daddy will like it too knowing that she likes the same things he does.

Sam and Dean are quiet as we get closer to the kitchen, "Is that my bug?!" Dean shouts in excitement making the little girl giggle, "someone wants to see you, Cassie!" he says to her and then we're standing in the doorway looking into the kitchen; Sam's back is too us, but Dean's smile makes him turn and he gets an eye full of his niece.

"Holy crap," he breathes, "how old is she now?"

"She'll be two in a few weeks," I tell him then to Cassie I say, "give your Uncle Sammy a hug?" She shakes her little head then tries to hide behind my knees, "you were so excited to see him, what happened?"