Chapter One Hundred and Forty-Eight - Boltar the Terrible

My back and head are throbbing as I come around; Charlie is seated on a large fluffy bed; my hands and legs are bound along with a gag in my mouth.

"Mel are you okay?" she asks softly and I nod, "okay good."

The figure is back which scares the redhead, she tries to make a break for it, but she ends up reentering through a door across the room; someone in the kingdom is playing with real magic that's the only explanation I have for this creature.

"Real magic," Charlie mutters coming to the same realization, "that is really cool, if not mostly terrifying. We can work this out, can't we? Get you some gold, my crown. Ritualistic sacrifice?" The person doesn't move or say a word, "look I'm not really a Queen, I'm just an I.T. girl...standing in front of a monster...asking it not to kill her."

The figure moves slowly towards Charlie then starts to remove her disguise.

'Great, now the worst period of my life comes to an end," Charlie mutters, "I saw my boss get eaten by a Leviathan, broke my arm, lived life on the run, finally got it all back, and now a dude in a stag-skull mask is going to kill me," she puts her hands up, "I just want my old life back!"

"That is all I want as well," the voice is feminine as her stag mask is removed.

Both Charlie and the woman are smiling at each other; she removes her long cloak revealing a very white dress; both women sit on the bed while I'm still tied up.

"My name is Gilda," she says, "I'm from the Hollow Forest of Akrmoor. I'm a fairy."

Charlie proceeds to flirt with the girl while getting information; my grunts draw their attention but when my friend tries to help me, she's stopped by the fairy.

"I'm sorry," she mutters, "I can't let her go free."

"Why not?"

"I don't know his name," she says, "but I was brought here to do his bidding, capturing you and detaining your friend was an order."

"His bidding?" her eyes find mine and I shrug, "that's never good."

The fairy seems distressed as she says, "my...master, he-he has me hurt people. He's forcing me to. I'd never hurt anyone, I'm a fairy – the good kind."

After a long minute I get the gag free and sigh in relief at least now I can talk, "why is he doing this?" I ask and she shrugs, "I don't know, he started off with small commands, but he's become more violent. He had me kill two men this week."

"Man, someone is taking this game way to seriously," Charlie mutters and the fairy, excuse me, Gilda asks, "game?"

"This – my outfit," Charlie gestures to herself, "all of this is just a game here."

Gilda seems truly perplexed by this, wondering why us humans would play such a game, Charlie explains to her that it's better than reality of the world that we actually live in.

"It's a lovely forest," Gilda says, "nothing like my home."

"So, how do we get you back there?" I ask and she frowns, "I can't break free from the spell, myself. A hero must take my master's book of magic and destroy it, breaking the spell."

Charlie smirks getting her flirt on and I roll my eyes; she touches the fairy's hand covering it with hers, "Gilda, my name is Charlie Bradbury, and I'm here to rescue you."

At that moment both fairy and human lean in and start to kiss, I close my eyes feeling like an intruder, at that moment Dean, Sam and Boltar enter making them jump as Dean clears his throat.