Chapter One Hundred and Eleven - The Mentalist

The next few days we spend at the cabin, Dean told me some things that happened between him and Sam with the Leviathans; how the copy of him brought up something that he did on a previous case which upset his brother. So, they went their separate ways after it was all said and done and yet somehow, I know this isn't going to be the last time either of them pulls a stunt like this. He wants to go for food, but dad has his car and the Impala is currently sitting in hiding because the contact, Frank, told them they had to ditch the wheels since the copies of them were using the exact same one too.

"So we'll walk," I say, "then borrow a pair of wheels after we get food."

"Are you sure? It's a long way into town," I nod, "alright let's get our things packed up just in case we need it; your dad will be back later."

We don't talk much on our trip into town, the only sound is our breathing as we're bogged down with gear and layers of flannel; once we reach town, I park myself on a bench in the shade while Dean walks down the street to some BBQ place while I wait with our stuff; I check my phone a few times which is quiet and empty of new messages. I send one off to Sam before Dean gets back asking him how he is and if he needs any help to let me know, crazy or not I'd do anything for him or any of my family. After a while a gray Dodge Charger appears and there's Dean leaning out the window smiling at me, a greasy bag of food sits in the passenger seat when I open the door.

"Very conspicuous babe," I mutter climbing in and he laughs, "I do try."

The radio is on as we go down the road when a reporter comes on saying, and now for the news of the weird – two very odd murders to be exact, Dean and I look at each other with a knowing look, mediums are dying in Lily Dale, the most psychic town in America. So, if you want to know your future stick to the 900 line, cause is it me or should those guys have seen it coming?

Dean shovels the BBQ in his face and I try to nibble some but it just makes me nauseous which I keep from his view as I spit the food into the napkin; nothing tastes real anymore only like cardboard; after a while we stop and he changes into FBI gear which was lucky enough that I packed it before we left. I don't change seeing how there's probably going to be tons of people at the newest crime scene, so I'll stay out at the car while he talks to people and officers. We reach Lily Dale by early afternoon and Dean pulls up across the street and we get out him kissing me softly before crossing the street and I lean against the hood watching him walk away to talk with the officers inside who are still collecting evidence. Several people walk by eyeing the car then me especially if they're a guy who can't seem to keep their dick in their pants, but I cross my arms flashing my wedding band at them and they scurry off. Dean's finally in the door talking to someone else when a younger guy in board shorts and a t-shirt stops and whistles at the car then comes to stand at my side just inches away from the hood where I'm leaning on it.

"What's a pretty thing like you doing out here alone, with a beautiful car like that?"

"This pretty thing is married," I growl, "and my husband is F.B.I so I suggest you move it along."

"I've had a turn or two with a married woman," he purrs and steps closer his pelvis inches from my hip, "I'll show you a real good time, the others enjoyed it so could you."

"Get lost," my fingers tingle itching to send him flying and then Lucifer appears beside him grinning, Go on, his smile says, you know you want to hurt him for hitting on you. He's right of course, this bastard is getting too close for comfort and I'm not looking for a repeat of being molested; pushing myself upright I drop my arms hands balling into fists at the same time, "I'm not going to tell you again, pal, get lost!"