Chapter 194 - Reconciliations and Owed favors

When we're back home we head straight for the dungeon with Crowley between Sam and Dean while I bring up the rear, as they're cuffing him down to the chair that he was in before he moans and groans about it.

"Back in this field pit," he mutters, "could at least have added some throw pillows."

Sam leaves the room while Dean and I wait for him to return, I'm leaning against the far wall on the right while Dean stands at the entrance where the bookshelves swing outwards; soon after Sam comes back laptop in hand he sits across from Crowley.

"Focus," Sam commands as the demon's eyes wander, "okay, you swept the Mariana Trench, and?"

"And the First Blade was not as hoped in the Trench," Crowley says, "it had, in fact, been scooped up by an unmanned sub, from whom it was stolen by a research assistant, who reportedly sold it to Portuguese smugglers who, in turn, lost it to Moroccan pirates in a poker game."

"Wait what?" Sam sounds as perplexed as we feel and Crowley sighs, "oh poor moose, it's always a little tricky keeping up, isn't it?"

We all stare at him; he's never acted like this before.

"I'm still a little tainted by humanity," he admits after another minute, "makes me sentimental."

"Well stop," I spit, "we need you to focus and help us get that damn blade, since YOU failed to find it in the first place."

His eyes look over Sam's shoulder at me, I can see something faint in them, like hope or something else and he smiles a little.

"You know as well as I do mouse," he states, "that you and I both shared a mo' back at that church; and on some level, we are bonded."

Marching forward towards the table I plant my hands flat on the surface right next to Sam's laptop, stare directly into Crowley's eyes feeling rage and embarrassment building up inside of me.

"The only reason you are alive is that we need your help to deal with Abaddon," his eyes widen at the meaning behind my words, "cause she's a more evil, perverse version of you. And that is the extent of mine and the others concern, got it?" he swallows hard past the lump in his throat, "now what happened after the pirates?"

He tells us who stole it from who and then who bought it from who in the end we're meeting with someone who knows someone that Crowley had found out had some interaction with the blade. The guys dress in their Fed suits while I hang back in the shadows of a park where we scheduled a meet with the person Crowley told us about. I watch from a distance as Crowley starts to get at a vending machine for snack foods, almost beating the machine for it and I try to keep from laughing because the King of Hell is trying to rob a machine for human food. Out of the opposite side of the gloom comes a man dressed almost as similarly as the guys and approaches them; they rise from the bench and greet the gentleman. I finger the blade in my pocket as they talk and he turns to go away when out of nowhere red smokes comes out of Crowley's body and enters the newcomers making him freeze mid-step; a long minute passes then the red smoke comes back out reentering Crowley's body.

The guy asks something of Sam and Dean, they shake their heads and he leaves, once he's gone I approach them after I'm sure he's no longer in the area and turn to Crowley who is looking pleased with himself.

"National Institute of Antiquities," he tells us.

Again we dawn our Fed/F.B.I gear while leaving Crowley at the bunker once more in the dungeon; at the museum it turns out that not only did the security guard off themselves and the woman bringing the guys; who she thought were co-workers but the vault that they were targeting was empty and had been for weeks. Sam asks the curator of the artifacts about the blade being on display to which she shakes her head and says that no such thing by the 'First Blade' was ever even here in the first place.