Chapter One Hundred and Twelve - Going through Changes

Turns out the necklace that was found at both scenes is actually a fake, over the police scanner Sam has there's been another murder while they were in the Emporium another psychic to be exact; I think it's the spoon bender guy we met at the restaurant. Again, I stick around outside leaning against the car feeling agitated and exhausted, there's only one other thing that could help or maybe even someone possibly so while the guys are distracted, I go through their bags and grab summoning supplies and make a quick escape down the street and out of view from the house. I head for a crossroad out of town which took about an hour or so to find probably enough time for the guys to realize that I'm gone and what I took. Right after I bury the container, I flip the location off on my phone and shove it back into my pocket as a female demon shows up grinning at me.

"Melanie Winchester," she purrs, "what a pleasure."

"So not in the mood," I growl, "bring me your boss."

'He's a bit busy," she counters, "what can I do for you?"

"Bring. Me. Crowley," is all I get out before she flashes her red eyes at me and takes a threatening step forward, "you didn't paint a devil's trap so I can just..." her voice is cut off by gravel crunching and we both turn to find the King himself before us.

"That'll be enough of that," he tells her, "go on your way."

"Yes, sir," she snaps and vanishes.

"You know there's such a thing as a cell phone," he states and I snort, "yes, because I want you as a contact in my device."

"Well you obviously want something, maybe I should be," rolling my eyes I say, "fix me, make me something like you were going to before." His eyes widen when I don't laugh or change emotion, he adds, "you're serious?"

"As Death himself," I say, "I can't take much more of Satan playing hopscotch in my head," he raises an eyebrow, "Sam's Hell wall fell, I took it from him so he wouldn't suffer and now I'm suffering more than I care to."

"You do realize that could mess up the procedure, make you worse? It could even put you in a coma before we're even through."

"I don't care Crowley!" I shout, "I've had enough, I've had enough..." I feel tears prick the corner of my eyes, "my life...my marriage...everything is just falling apart just do something!"

He sighs but doesn't argue anymore, just extends a hand which I take without hesitation, we appear in some open-air room with stone walls which have moisture on them, but it's nothing like the warehouses he was using before.

"Welcome to Hell, darling," Crowley says, "now let's have a seat, shall we?"

I do as he says not willing to argue because right now Lucifer is laughing harshly in my head since we're closer to the cage where he is at least I'm assuming he still is anyway.

"So, what are you going to get out of this deal?" I ask with no emotion, "power? Leverage? What?"

"A partner," he answers, and I scowl, "not like that, you've got me all wrong Melanie."

"So, like, a King and Queen? But no uh no funny business?" he nods which makes me relax, "when I need your assistance you come when commanded, you help me and you pretty much have free reign of your powers, free to be in Hell or wherever you want to go."

"You said it was painful?" I ask and he nods, "a bit, changing your essence, making a demon without the torture; but once it's over you'd much rather have that than Hell itself turn you," my phone starts to ring which stops the conversation, "probably squirrel looking for his blushing bride."