Chapter Fifty - Two - A Fiddle of Gold Against your Soul

Cass and I are leaning against each other tired but not enough for me to fall asleep however the Angel is snoring softly in my ear; somehow that doesn't seem right Angels don't usually need sleep or even food for that matter.

"Sam," Dean starts in a half whisper, he must think I'm asleep, "I got a bad feeling about this."

"Well, you'd be nuts to have a good feeling about it," Sam states.

"You know what I mean," he sighs, "Detroit, he always said he'd jump your bones in Detroit and Lennie she ...I don't know what's going to happen to her there but...maybe this is him rolling out the red carpet. Maybe he knows something that we don't."

So Dean's promises to protect me, to keep me by his side were false words only said to make me feel better and yet I can't stay mad at him because deep down I knew it too.

"Dean, I'm sure he knows a buttload we don't; we just got to hope he doesn't know about the rings but um there's something I've got to talk about with you while we're on the subject."

"What?"

I have a sinking feeling in my gut now.

"This thing goes our way and I...triple lindy into that box...y-you know I'm not coming back."

"I'm aware." There's a pause as Sam takes a breath, "You got to promise not to try and bring me back," I sit up abruptly, "I didn't sign up for that," I growl sleepily, "there's no way in Hell that I'll let you rot in Satan's box."

"Lennie's right, your Hell is gonna make my tour look like Graceland; you want us to just sit by and do nothing?"

"Once the cage is shut, you can't go poking at it, guys," Sam argues, "it's too risky."

"I will NOT let you rot in there," magic is forming in my palms, "Sam you are family, Cassie needs her uncle, Dean needs his brother and I need my best friend; you can't ask that of us."

"You don't have a choice, please I'm sorry."

"What are we supposed to do then?" Dean asks.

Sam looks back at me then his brother, "take Melanie and your daughter and go live an apple pie life for me, please. Promise me that neither of you won't go poking at the box."

I sit back against the leather seat; Cass moves closer to me resting his head on my shoulder getting comfortable. His breathing returns to a sleeping rhythm which soothes my nerves for a while, the air in the car is so full of tension that I could cut it with a knife if it were visible. No more is talked about in regards to Sam going into the box if he can take control of Lucifer; Dean drives on through the night following the roads towards Detroit and the center of the cold spot that popped up out of nowhere. It's well into the morning when we get where we're going just out of view of the center of the cold zone, a large apartment like complex building; I take the binoculars from the trunk and watch the building seeing a good handful of people milling about inside; I should say demons not people.

"There's at least two dozen demons in there," I tell the group behind me, "you were right about the location, Dean."

"He's here," he states.

Sam and Dean both walk to the trunk of the car and I follow along with Castiel.

"Look, Sam, as soon as you've got him you fight tooth and nail, alright?"

He nods then reaches out pulling me into a tight hug against his chest laying his cheek on the top of my head because he's so tall.

"Love you Lennie," he whispers, "make sure you tell Cassie how much her Uncle Sam loves her," I nod still in his embrace then he lets go, looking to Cass, "take care of them, okay?"