Chapter Nine - Angel Interrupted

While Dean does some digging at the police station I do some of my own digging on the laptop that was in one of the bags he brought in, I figured I'd keep myself busy trying to find the vamp's camping ground when he comes back closing the door behind him; as soon as he sees me though the stress of the job melts away and he smiles catching a glimpse of the ring on my finger.

"How'd it go?" I ask.

"Like it always does, there are vamps for sure," he answers stripping off his suit jacket, "are you going to come with me to find the bloodsuckers?"

Nodding I stand up leaving the computer running, we both narrowed it down to an abandoned farm across town, it shouldn't be too difficult since there's two of us. He changes into his regular clothes while I dig around for my machete and strap the weapon to my left hip, he does the same and we head out of the room to the waiting bat mobile. Smiling he holds the passenger door open for me and I climb in, once he's sure I'm safely tucked in he closes the door jogging to the driver's side and turns the key. He drives in silence one hand on the wheel the other holding my hand, I'm content and happy but feel like I'm still missing something then I remember that Sam left us to find himself and to fix whatever he thinks is wrong with him. When we arrive to the farm Dean parks the car out of sight and turns the headlights off while he pulls farther in but not too much afraid that the vamps will hear us coming before we even get a chance to attack. We avoid tromping through the underbrush but take a beaten down deer path towards the barn and we split there him going right and me going left, we'll meet in the middle of the barn if that's where the monsters are hiding which I have no doubt that they are.

I've barely stepped into the old barn when I hear shouts and loud thumps, Dean must have hit them where it hurts while I've got nothing however I do hear rustling and hushed murmurs as I move closer to the nearest stall; pulling my machete free I bring the blade around the corner holding it to young man's neck. He growls calling me a bitch hunter, with a flex of my arm the blade slices through his neck spattering my arm and the wooden door behind him with blood at least I didn't get any in my mouth, the barn is silent as I reach the front to find Dean leaning against the open door smiling at me.

"You couldn't have left more than one for me?" I tease

"Snooze you lose," he bumps my shoulder with his.

We walk back to the car not caring who hears, we should have burned the bodies, but no one is probably ever going to find them until years go by. His jacket has some pretty heavy blood stains which will need soaked in the sink before being washed or it'll be permanently stained that way. Back at the motel he's got both mine and his jacket in the sink trying to remove the larger stains from the material before I take them to the laundromat, the less noticeable blood stains there are the better; I'm just changing my clothes when I hear a loud thump in the bathroom followed by, "don't do that."

"Hello Dean," a raspy voice greets.

"Cass, we've talked about this, personal space?"

I look and see the Angel backing out of the bathroom, "my apologies," Dean emerges next holding both jackets out to me.

"Hello Castiel," I greet.

"Melanie," he says, "I wasn't expecting to see you."

"Same," I grunt back going to our stuff to put the jackets in a plastic bag to keep the blood and water off our other clothes, "I thought we were flying below Angel radar." My hands touch my ribs where he'd marked me and the boys.

"You are," he tells me, "Bobby told me where you were." I turn back to find Dean sitting on his side of the bed while Castiel stands looking around the room as if expecting to find something, "where's Sam?"