Chapter 199 - Angel for an Angel

The weeks continue to drag on as we search and search with no other word about Abaddon, I'm starting my shower while Dean still lies in bed; we've been exhausting ourselves and our people who know a thing or two trying to find her and still nothing. Just as I put my head under the hot water a hand wanders over my waist and a solid body presses against my back, "didn't think you could get one without me, did you?"

"Can't sneak anything by you, can I?"

"And miss seeing your naked body," he kisses my neck, "never."

I close my eyes at his touch, his hands wash my hair and body; opening them as he rinses the soap away, I get a glimpse of the mark staring at me and feel my skin grow cold however I keep my face as impassive as I can.

"Something on your mind?" he asks after a long minute and I shake my head, "you seem to be thinking about something though."

"Nah, just still pretty tired," I admit, "we've been running ourselves ragged trying to find her."

"I know," he sighs, "we've got eyes and ears out now, we will get her."

We finish our shower and dress in our usual jeans and flannel combo then head on out to find Sam in the library getting off the phone with one of their hunter friends; he looks up at us as he lowers the device.

"Anything?" Dean asks.

"Yeah, a dozen demon-related cases," Sam says, "people without souls, acting out, but..." and he trails off which makes me sigh, "but no Abaddon of course."

"Looks like she vanished," Sam states, "again."

I move towards the table and notice Dean rubbing at his arm where the mark is, Sam notices too.

"You okay?" he asks his brother who doesn't look up, "yeah, I'm fine. Let's get to work."

Again we go over more files of papers, scouring everything that we can read, even trying to find tracking spells to somehow find her when after a few hours Sam's phone rings and we all look up at it as if it's going to bite us.

"Are you uh, gonna answer that?" I ask and Sam reaches out pushes the button someone says something then he lays it on the table between us, "Gadreel?" The name sends chills down my spine, he's the asshat that possessed me and killed Kevin, "Gadreel is working for Metatron? For how long?"

"I don't know," the voice of Cass answers.

"So, Metatron made Gadreel kill Kevin?" Dean asks and Cass sighs, "it would explain a lot and there have been no new prophets, which Metatron could have fixed to his advantage."

He tells us how he encountered other angels, how he's letting others back into Heaven only after they prove themselves.

"But how?" I ask, "isn't Heaven uh closed for business?"

"That's what Crowley said," Sam states, "look let's just find Gadreel and... and beat some answers out of him."

I look at Sam slack jawed; he's not usually shoot first ask questions later.

"Yeah, here's something to start with that. Uh... hold on, I'm uh, ... sending a photo of the symbol that drew all the angels in."

Sam's computer makes a sound, and he checks it confirming that it's in our possession now.

"It's acting as some kind of Angel siren," Cass explains, "I think it's a spell, the ingredients used to create it were very odd.... Griffin feathers, bones of a fairy. I've never seen it before."