Chapter 192 - Thinman

The next morning there's a call from the Sheriff's department, turns out there's another body, this time at a diner; dressed in our FBI best we go under the police tape and meet with the Deputy but to our dismay both Harry and Ed are here as well and they glare noticing our presence.

"What are those two crapshoots doing here?" Dean asks in a harsh undertone and the deputy shrugs, "I figured it wouldn't hurt to go a little 'medium,' you know? Uh... two counties over, folks were combing the place for a little dead boy back in August. The cops let a psychic do her thing. Shish, bang boom..." he claps his hands, "found a body a day later."

"Excuse me," Dean goes away from us while Sam and I stay with the deputy.

"Is there uh, any security-cam footage?" Sam asks.

"Uh yeah just..."

The deputy goes to a room down the small hall where the security footage is being kept, Sam and I watch Dean as he talks with the Ghostfacers and then the deputy comes back out looking a bit pal, "uh agents you want to see this."

Our group and the amateurs join the deputy who plays the tape, there is Thinman, just like the picture from Cassey's phone; however the figure goes from outside in the parking lot, which the doors of the diner were locked five minutes previously. The camera then moves to show the inside of the diner, where somehow Thinman had gotten in without breaking in or being let in then he violently stabs the victim who bleeds and drops to the floor out of sight.

"No way," I murmur, "how did he even get inside?"

"The doors were locked," Dean adds, "we all saw him lock it, right?"

The group of us nods.

"Locked not locked," Harry states, "Thinman can teleport everyone knows that."

"I didn't even get a blip on my EMF," Ed adds.

Dean sighs rubbing his temples, "so maybe it's not a ghost."

"You Feds believers now?" The deputy asks after a long minute and we just glare at him a little when Ed says, "we're uh gonna go, uh, good work, deputy, agents. Let's go, let's go," Ed shoves at Harry, "Let's go man."

The two leave in a rush which concerns me a little, but Dean wants to watch the footage once more to try and catch anything we may have missed the first time, after a while there's not much left for us to do so we head on back to the motel stopping at a Chinese place on the way for dinner. We're all seated at the small table, a little cramped, but it was the only way to eat without being worried of getting food on our beds even though that doesn't really bother Dean however I'd prefer not to find random bits of food and crumbs in the sheet when I'm trying to get comfortable at night.

"Just grasping at straws here," Sam says after taking a bite, "but when I think 'teleport' I think, 'Crossroads Demon'."

"Mm," Dean nods, "Demon that likes to stab and watch YouTube, why not?"

"You got any better ideas?" I ask and he shakes his head as Sam adds, "oh by the way, speaking of which, the video of uh, Trey getting knifed it's already online." I stop with chopsticks halfway to my mouth, Dean is stopped in the same expression, "it has like 2,000 views it's like somebody wants people to see Thinman in action."

"It's cause people will watch," Dean states, "cause people are sick."

"Amen to that," I mutter.

We eat in silence for a while until Dean chuckles to himself then puts down his container of almost eaten food. "You know what would have gone viral if we still had it?" he asks, "when you were five and you got dressed up as Batman and you jumped off the shed cause you thought you could fly."