Chapter One Hundred and Fifty-Three - I have a smell?

It's been a few months since the first trial, we've been waiting to hear from Kevin with more information on the next step; Dean is still a bit disgruntled with me for doing the first trial instead of letting him start it over again and doing it himself. However, he doesn't stay mad for long, we've made love and been in each other's embrace for a long while until one of Dean's old cop friends who he helped a long while ago texted him with concerns that may need the boys and I's help not that his friend had met me yet but still you get the point. It's late as we reach a motel outside the city that James, Dean's contact, lives in but we're too exhausted to meet up with him tonight. Both the guys are talking about the three stooges for some reason which quite frankly I think the show is dumb and Dean has to remind me that they are dumb intentionally which doesn't help his case. I ran into the motel office to get the keys so I wouldn't have to continue listening to the conversation but when I come back it's still on going and I sigh in annoyance. He parks the car and we get out as Sam says, "I'm sorry, but I happen to think Shemp was a funnier stooge than Curly."

"Curly was a freaking genius!" Dean exclaims as we get out.

"I always found Curly's work a bit obvious."

I laugh because I have to agree to which Dean responds with, "it's supposed to be obvious man! They're stooges!"

We're headed into the motel room now, bags in hand; Dean unlocks the door for us and flips on the small light above the table across the room.

"So we calling James tonight?" Sam asks.

"No, I'll just call him tomorrow," Dean yawns, "that drive was a bitch."

He shuts the door as Sam and I sling the bags onto the bed.

"I wonder what he wanted."

"Well his text said that he needed help," Dean says, "he's a cop, I figured it was work related."

"We do owe him."

It's like I've been invisible this whole time, but I guess I don't mind those two haven't had a real conversation like this in weeks especially since Sam was so supportive of me taking on the trials. I grab my shower things and start to head to the bathroom.

"Lennie?"

I turn to look over my shoulder at Dean an eyebrow raised in question.

"Yeah?"

"I'm going on a beer run, you need anything?" he asks and I just shake my head, "you sure? You did just gank a Hellhound, which is no slice of pie, and, uh there is a mine field of who knows what crap ahead. Just want to make sure that you're okay."

"I'm good, Dean, really," I assure him and he stutters over his words trying to talk about getting another hound to let him take it down when Sam says, "here, let me go on the run," he extends a hand for the keys, "you and Mel can have some alone time, even though you've both had a lot of it lately."

"That's alright, Sammy," Dean mutters, "but you're more than welcome to come along."

He does as his brother suggests, I'm just closing the door to the bathroom and pulling my clothes off after they leave when I hear something scratch at the door to the room. Wrapping myself in a towel while still in bra and panties I poke my head out of the bathroom waiting and listening when the sound comes again almost urgent this time. Sighing in annoyance I go to the door partially covered and open the door, there sitting on its butt is a black and brown Doberman, a red spiked collar around it's neck; I look up and down the small sidewalk wondering if someone lost their dog when it bolts inside the partially open door and jumps on the bed.