Chapter One Hundred and Six - Death and the Scooby Gang

The next few days dad's still hunting for a spell on his own, Dean finishes up the Impala practically making her look brand new, while Sam and I mainly sit around researching and watching the number of bodies rise higher and higher with each passing hour. Later, dad goes to get something from upstairs then comes back down with an envelope that was slipped under the front door in his hand.

"It's from Crowley," he tells Sam and I just as Dean appears, "well who feels like hog tying death tonight?"

"Old age is overrated anyhow," dad states which makes me laugh.

The boys and dad get to work finding supplies for the spell, some of the things we are going to have to make a run for especially when dad says the main ingredient is an act of God crystallized forever.

"I think it means an actual crystal," he says, "see lightning strikes sand at the right angle-it crystallizes into the perfect shape of itself."

"Lightning," Sam states, "act of God."

"Jinga," dad says, "you get yourself a fulgurate and we're gonna need a biggie." I sigh, "let me guess, it's rare." He nods, "I found records of an auction, winning bidder lives about nine hours from here."

We pack up the supplies we do have, stop several places on the ride to the bidder's house and grab the others we need to just do the spell at the bidder's house; Sam and Dean sit up front while dad and I sit in the back staring out the window. He's got the spell tucked into the inside of his jacket not wanting to lose it especially since this could be our only chance at stopping Castiel. It's dark out when we pull up to the large mansion like house and we have to get by the gate which we all climb easily except for dad he's got to have a hand; Dean goes in first his bag draped over one arm, Sam and I follow behind along with dad.

"Hey!" Someone shouts from down the stone path, I turn leaving the small group and rush the man probably their security guard, "what are you doing here?!" He gets the words out as I nail him in the face then another time with my elbow knocking him to the ground unresponsive.

I tuck a stray strand of hair behind my ear and head back inside to find the couple tied up in chairs with gags over their mouths to keep them quiet; the husband looks angry as hell. Dean tells me who they are which I give them an apologetic wave and smile but neither of them change their look of anger and fear; Sam and Dean prepare the ingredients while dad gets the spell back out.

"Well let's light this candle," dad says then starts the spell, "Te nunc invoco, mortem. Te in mea potestate defixi. Nuncet in aetemum!"

The bowl shoots up a bright light while the room shakes knocking things off the shelves, some of the pictures hanging on the walls fall and glass breaks on contact. After about a solid minute or so the shaking stops and we are silent staring around wondering if the spell was successful or not.

"Hello...Death?" Dean starts.

"You're joking," his voice comes from behind us, and we turn, "I'm sorry, Death," Dean says, "this isn't what it seems." The old man lifts his hands to show cuffs that are a shiny grey but not quite visible, "seems like you bound me."

"For good reason, okay?" Dean states, "just uh, hear us out. Um...fried pickle chip?" he takes out a bag from his own holding it out to Death, "they're the best in the state."

"That easy to soothe me, you think?" he snaps, "this is about Melanie's hallucinations, I assume?" All eyes including Death's turn towards me, "sorry, Melanie. You knew the risks to Sam but decided to save him the trouble; unfortunately for you only one wall per customer. Now unbind me."