Chapter Four - Hospitals, Angels and a Grumpy Old Man

It takes two days to fight with the doctors = to let me be released but being free of my bed I can't help but stick around my father's room even if I'm not actually in the room with him. Sam and I stand in the doorway watching him look out the window; he's dressed in his usual getup, cap even pulled down over his brows.

"Lennie, how are you feeling?" Sam asks to break the silence.

"Fine fine," I wave a hand, "my stomach is still tender, but the stitches are doing great."

We look at each other then back at my dad, "it's been three days now," I tell him, "we got to cheer him up, maybe I'll give him a back rub." Sam laughs as Dean shows up an envelope in his hands.

"Dean," Sam greets, "what's that?"

"Went to radiology," he tells us, "got some glamor shots, let's just say the doctors are baffled."

He shows Sam and me the x-rays, there's some weird symbols on his rib cage, a language I've never seen before.

"What the hell is that?" I ask.

"Enochian," Sam says, "Cass branded our ribs with Angel warding when we went to our dad's lock-up for the sword."

"I completely forgot about that," I mutter, "was it there?"

Both boys shuffle their feet not making eye contact with me; something happened that they don't want me to know.

"Dean," I look at him, "I'm in this for the long haul, please tell me what happened."

"The sword was under our noses the whole time," he confesses, "I'm the Michael sword."

"What do you mean..." my words fade away as I come to the realization, "you're his vessel, aren't you?" He nods but I don't get to say anything else when Sam's phone rings, "Hello? Castiel?"

"Speak of the devil," Dean mutters.

"Ah, St. Martin's Hospital," Sam says, "why? What are you...Cass?" He hangs up as several doctors and a nurse pass by us when a man in a tan trench coat approaches us.

"Cell phone, Cass? Really? Since when do Angels need to reach out and touch someone?"

"You're hidden from Angels now, all Angels, I won't be able to simply," his words are cut off as my father's voice booms out, "Enough foreplay!" All eyes turn towards him, "get over here and lay your damn hands on."

I go into the room to stand by him a hand on his shoulder, "Get healing, NOW!" He demands of the Angel, "dad take it easy, we're all on edge."

"I can't," the Angel admits.

"Say again," Bobby growls.

"I'm cut off from Heaven," he explains, "and much of Heaven's power. Certain things I can't." I rub dad's shoulders, "You're telling me you lost your mojo just in time to get me stuck in this trap the rest of my life."

"I'm sorry."

He pushes away from me closer to the window, "Shove it up your ass," then turns back around rather quickly I might add, "you could brand Sam and Dean, correct?"

"Yes."

"Do you still have that kind of power?" the Angel nods slightly, "then protect my daughter; I can't in this death trap, so you'll do this for me."

"Dad it's not necessary," he cuts me off, "it is necessary especially if you're going to be with the boys for a long while."

"At least he's talking now," Dean mutters.