Chapter One Hundred and Forty-Seven - LARPing

I'm lounging in the backseat while Dean and Sam sit up front as usual; Sam's got paperwork from Kevin that he's going over while a random song; china something or other plays through the speakers.

"We have the most powerful weapon we've ever had against demons," Sam sighs, "and we can't find a way to use it."

"Yeah well, Kevin's on it," Dean says, "and when he finds something; he'll call. So we wait. Look, we have had a rough go over these past couple of weeks and uh... I know what you gave up wasn't easy. Maybe we ought to take the night off – go see a flick, hit a bar or two, have some fun," I grin at this, "you remember fun, don't you Sammy?"

I sit upright ready for Sam to give in, it's been so long since we've got to have a few beers together and not to just drown out all the supernatural crap, but of course Sam's phone rings right on cue as if called on by the Gods. Expecting it to be Kevin he answers but gets a surprise when it's Garth instead, somehow that little twerp has been able to track us through our phones which Sam tells us we have to ditch the location services and or get new phones.

"A total Bobby move," Dean says which stings a little, "what's the deal?"

"It's close, Farmington Hills, Michigan. Dude got ripped limb from limb inside his locked apartment."

"That uh doesn't sound good," I mutter, "doesn't paint a pretty picture either."

We go where Garth said to, dressed in our FBI garb and arrive at the crime scene to a surprised Sheriff; Garth wasn't kidding when he said the guy was ripped limb from limb; there's blood everywhere and ligature marks on the extremities. Dean checks for EMF; Sam talks with the Sheriff, and I look around for anything witch related who knows what this guy was into or who he pissed off; what I do discover on his desk amongst the blood is a paper with nerd words and the like and I wonder if I can get a hold of a certain person to find out more. Grinning to myself I bade farewell to Sam and the Sheriff, find Dean tell him I'll be back later and kiss him goodbye; he doesn't get another word in as I pull my phone out and dial the number that the red head had given me long ago.

"Hello?"

"Charlie?" I ask breathless, "what are you up to?"

"Oh you know, a little of this, a little of that, why what's up?"

"You wouldn't happen to be at a nerd herd party, would you?" There's a pause, "how'd you know?"

"Uh, can I see you? It's better to explain in person."

She tells me what I need to wear in order to see her at the Queen's tent of Moondoor; I'm going as a blood elf fire wielder or something like that with pointed ears and everything. My dress is emerald green over leather leggings my regular clothes I carry in a tattered looking duffle which fits in with the world of Moondoor. However, when I get there, I'm almost admitted to the stocks by a geeky looking guy until the queen herself stops him, she tells a small tale of my supposed character which puts me under her protection. Her arm goes over my shoulders as we make our way to the fencing area, the guys will be here later I'm sure of it; she's dressed in armor and pulls down the face mask so none of the competitors knows it's her until after the show. The geeky man from before stands beside me arms crossed over his chest while she watches the first fight before taking on the next competitor; there's a small ruckus behind us then I hear Dean's booming voice from behind me. I wonder if he can tell it's me after all I even put a pixie like wig on to cover my own hair; keeping to myself still while I watch Charlie fight a young man who she knocks down after a few swings and he surrenders to her.

The removal of her helmet reveals to applause and cheers from the watchers, she tells the young man to go to her medical tent for assistance with his uh, missing limbs. Once he's gone her eyes roam around the circle, catching mine before beginning her speech.