Chapter Forty - Seven - The Trio Rides Again

Another two days go by, dad doesn't know that I made the deal yet and he's still bound to the chair; if that bastard doesn't give me what was promised I'll run him through with my fist. Cassie is sitting in her bouncer in the study as I sit on the couch holding a cup of coffee the steam rising to meet my face as I'm watching out the large window the Impala pulls up the engine purring loudly which makes the little girl squeal in delight she's come to know that that sound means her daddy's home. However, when both of them come in the door slams a little louder than necessary and I know something is up; both boys find dad in the kitchen ignoring Cassie and me.

"Did you know about this!" Dean snaps at dad.

"What?"

"About Sam's genius plan to cram the devil down his throat," there's a silent beat then, "well thanks for the heads up!"

"This ain't about me!" Dad snaps back.

"You can't do this," I think that's at Sam who responds, "that's the consensus."

The phone rings, "this isn't over," he growls, "Hello?" Another beat, "Cas?"

My ears perk up in excitement finally something about our friend; I grab Cassie from her bouncer and rush to the kitchen with her.

"We all thought you were dead," Dean says into the phone, "where the hell are you, man?"

The other end buzzes for a minute.

"Are you okay?" Another response then Dean says, "you're just in time...we figured out a way to pop Satan's box." he waits a second, "it's a long story but look we're going after Pestilence now; so if you want to zap over here..." Dean's face pales.

So they hadn't bagged Pestilence yet which makes me worry; if they can't get a hold of him then what are we going to do? Dean mouths that he's out of go juice and is in a hospital, "no worries, Bobby's here he'll wire you the cash."

Turning back around I take Cassie into the room with me while Dean finishes his conversation with Cass; they're going to be heading back after Pestilence and this time I won't be left out of the fray. Carrying her upstairs I go in search of my cell phone which is crammed between my bed and the wall, I lay Cassie down on the bed next to me and she instantly starts moving her legs and arms happily.

"Hey Melanie," Jody greets after a few rings, "what's going on?"

"I need to ask a favor of you, if it's not too much to ask."

"Sure, what do you need?"

I take a deep breath and tell her a little about the situation and why I need to go with the boys, I ask her if she could watch Cassie for a few days maybe a week, but if it's too much to ask to just say so.

"I would love to look after her," Jody says, "I have some unspent vacation days I wouldn't mind cashing in; when would you like me to get her?"

"This afternoon," I tell her, "unless that's too soon?"

"No no, just give me a few hours to get ready and you get things gathered for her visit with me."

We hang up and I toss the phone onto the empty space of the bed, she gurgles and smiles at me when I lean down to kiss her chubby cheeks. Footsteps come up the stairs and I turn to find Dean walking into the room; he looks so exhausted and run down so I take him in my arms holding tightly. He buries his face in my hair breathing in deeply as if my scent makes everything better.

"I called Jody," I tell him after a long minute, "I'm coming with you and Sam."

He pulls back to look at me, "why? Cassie needs you."