Chapter 172 - Come hither, Little Lost Angel

In the morning I'm up before Dean again and yet again Sam and I meet in the kitchen; he explains that there ain't much here but coffee and booze.

"We could go for a run?" I suggest, "then maybe get a few things while we're out?"

"Hey if you're up for it," he says, "I'll take that offer."

I'm already in my running clothes so I wait for him to come back out in sweats and a long sleeve t-shirt; Dean can't get too mad since I'm going with Sam on a run instead of on a case chasing a Knight of Hell. We run/jog a few miles then turn about face and go back to the bunker and get the Impala to head back to town; we're still sweaty not having changed our clothes but neither of us don't smell too bad to the other.

"Sam? Can I ask you something?" my voice is small and wary, "sure Lennie, you can ask me anything."

"Is Dean hiding something from me?"

He pauses for maybe a half a second, it's not much but it's still a pause nonetheless which worries me.

"No, not that I know of," he finally says, "Mel you worry too much you know that?"

"So it's been said," I mutter.

We go into town, get groceries, more beer, coffee and even breakfast for all of us; I have Sam stop at one of the places Dean likes for his with extra grease and bacon to the youngest Winchester's disgust. We're unloaded, down the bunker steps and just entering the kitchen when Dean starts hollering for the two of us; he jumps in surprise as we come in giggling a little bit over a joke we heard in the grocery store.

"Hey!" I greet him with a smile, "morning, babe."

Going over with arms full I kiss his cheek and set the stuff on the counter; he seems surprised to find us up and around already; especially me.

"You guys been out already?"

"Yeah, woke up went for a run with Mel," Sam explains and I flash him a smile as I unload bags, "I had cleaned up, we went and got breakfast," cutting Sam off I pull Dean's breakfast out, "bacon and eggs, extra grease just the way you like it."

"Not even gonna argue," Sam mutters, "even if I find it gross."

"Wait," Dean looks at me, "you went running?"

"Uh, yeah," I say, "I didn't think that was a problem."

"Well, uh there's Cass who still isn't here, it's been days and then there's you."

I look at Sam who shrugs while taking seat at the table with his coffee.

"I told you Dean," I mutter, "I feel great really."

"I'm sure you do," Dean says to me and Sam adds, "but Lennie you did go through the trials which was obviously a big strain, Dean and I just think if you took it easy and didn't act –" his words are drowned out for a moment and I shake my head to clear it.

"But I would be more worried about Cass," I mutter as an afterthought to Dean's concern, "he is human after all and travelling on his own; it'll probably take a bit."

Dean murmurs something almost too quick for me to understand and I raise an eyebrow wanting to know what he said, "nothing, nothing," he murmurs, "so if the angels are organizing then that makes them a lot more dangerous than we thought."

"Wait the Angels are organizing now?" I splutter, "how do you know that?! And when did you find out?"

Both of them are quiet for a long moment then Sam clears his throat before speaking, "well it would make sense, and with Cass being human there'll be more after him than anything else, we gotta find him."