Chapter Ninety - Five - Down but not quite out

Just then the lights come on above us, Bobby and Rufus must have found the power box to this room; the guys help me to my feet as we make our way towards the table with the body; we wait another few minutes when dad and Rufus appear bone saw carried in their grip.

"Let's play operation," Rufus says and I get a sinking feeling in my stomach.

"You boys want to take a breather?" Dad asks but Dean snaps, "we're good."

"We're about to crack open your grandpa's grapefruit; take a breather."

I take Dean's hand with my bound ones tugging lightly and he follows; Sam brings up the rear walking backwards until the door shuts in our faces, I continue to lead Dean a little farther down the hall so he can't see into the window of the door. Just as the sound of the saw turns on, I cringe burying my face in Dean's chest and he holds onto me running a hand through my hair to distract us from what's happening but then the saw abruptly cuts off to the sounds of shouting and things being tossed around.

"Dean," Sam grunts running for the door meanwhile Dean cuts the cuffs off bruising my skin a little bit and we join Sam at the door which has been barricaded.

I see Dad, Rufus and my eyes go wide, Samuel fighting; the guys beat on the door individually, but it won't budge so I suggest using their combined strength to break it down. I step back as they both bring up a foot at the same time knocking the door open and removing whatever was barricading it. I rush over to dad picking him up off the floor checking him over for any wounds but he seems fine, the same goes for Rufus, "this can't be the afterlife," I hear the old man mutter, "cause you four are here, what happened?"

"Well, when we left, he was dead on the table," Sam says.

"Yeah," Dad nods, "till he wasn't."

I look over at the dead again Samuel slumped against the wall; he's dead for sure this time dad had shoved the old man back and hit a live wire shooting the body with electricity well now we know what we can use against it.

"Now the question is where'd it go?" Sam asks looking at us, "you see?"

We shake our heads. "You two were down for the count," says Sam and Dean adds, "yeah, well either it bailed or it's in either of you."

"Or," Rufus counters, "it's in one of you."

"We were awake,' I argue.

"Did you have eyes on each other?"

"Yes," he raises an eyebrow, "100% of the time?"

"Define 100," Dean mutters and Rufus scoffs, "like I said." Sam comes in between us, putting his hands up, "alright how about uh, check for goo, right?"

We do as he says all of us turning out clean fingers for the others to see and dad suggests that it might just be gone which none of us buy for a minute although dad seems to be acting a little cagey at the moment.

"Let's settle this...100%," Sam says unplugging the cable then strips it once that's finished Dean plugs it back in for his brother, "you're live."

We watch as he takes the wire and holds it against Samuel's neck, the body twitches and squirms for a long minute followed by the smell of burning skin then he pulls the wire away showing us that the worm is indeed gone from his grandfather's body.

"I'm not a doctor, but I'm gonna go ahead and call this one," Rufus mutters making me chuckle a little.

"Alright, who wants to go first?" Sam asks.