Chapter Seventy - Five - Old Friends, Bad Memories

WARNING - POSSIBLE TRIGGER WARNING CONTENT - 

That night for dinner Jody ordered pizza while Cassie sat and watched 'Scooby Doo' the kid is still addicted to that show which makes me smile, I had her watch that when Dean and I had our own place and she still hasn't grown tired of it although she has grown out of Sesame Street; she said Big Bird scares her which made Jody and I laugh. She's made a few margaritas and given Cassie a sippy cup when she comes trotting to the kitchen after the blender turns on a few times; once she was sure Jody nor I was in danger from the sound she goes back into the room cup in hand the moose laying on the floor where she'd been sitting.

"She's feeling better," Jody comments.

"Yeah, I think she kind of understood what I was saying," I tell her, "this break will be nice for a while..."my voice trails off and she catches on, "but you want to go back to the family business thing, huh?" I nod, "Mel you were pretty much raised into this stuff, I can't blame you for struggling to get out. No one will blame you if you hit up a monster now and then."

Cassie begins to yawn a while after dinner, so I take her by the hand to the bathroom and start a nice warm bath; she begs for a bubble bath but I've read that those aren't good for a kid's urinary tract so I tell her no and she pouts like her father, but it doesn't work this time. About an hour later she's bathed and ready for bed, I tuck her in but not before getting a good night hug from Jody and she pulls me along to the guest room, as I'm tucking her in Jody hollers that someone is on the line for me, I'm going to have to get a new cell phone sooner or later.

"Good night, Bug," I say and she smiles, "if you need me you know where I'll be." I kiss her forehead, "night mommy." She snuggles down under the covers and closes her little eyes to sleep.

I didn't really get dressed today just threw on a pair of old sweats I had in my duffel bag; Jody hadn't had a chance to run out to dads with her real job, but I tell her it's fine that I'll go out there sometime this week. The phone is lying on the counter next to the fridge; Jody is nowhere to be found.

"Hello?"

"Well hi there Melanie," I recognize that snarky voice, "Meg," I spit into the mouthpiece making her laugh.

"Good good, miss me?" she asks.

"As if," I hiss, "what the hell do you want?" She pauses a beat, "trying to draw your boys out," her voice is sharp now, "thought I could use you unless you'd let me wave that kiddo of yours around?"

"You will not touch my daughter," I growl, "I will kill you if you hurt her."

"Relax buttercup," she says, "it won't come to that if you just come on outside nice and easy, we'll go away then."

My eyes wander out the window, there are several man shaped figures outside just beyond the lights from the windows of the house; if I don't go out now they'll either come in and take me violently or they'll come after Cassie and I can't have that no matter what. Sighing deeply I head to the front still dressed in sweatpants and Dean's t-shirt and go out to the small porch.

"That was fast," Meg mutters coming from the shadows, "let's get this show on the road, once you're known to be missing then we'll be getting somewhere."

Two big burly men grab me by each arm and we walk off into the late night, I hope that when Cassie wakes she doesn't just think her mom abandoned her; Meg takes the cell phone she used out, tosses it to the ground then stomps on it the pieces shattering and skittering over the black top. When the one guy's hand squeezes mine too tight, I growl at him and he backhands me without any thought and Meg snaps at him to leave me alone, if I'm hurt the Winchesters won't want to hear what she has to say about her plans. I can only imagine what she wants, Lucifer is back in the cage so Hell on earth has been put on hold hopefully for a long, long time and I can't help the giggle that escapes me as we move from one town to the next with their demon powers.