Chapter Ninety - Four - Herpe Parasite

The next few weeks are rather uneventful, Cass doesn't show his face, Cassie seems to go through a growth spurt I can barely carry her around anymore and her sentences are becoming more and more fluent as she talks, I wonder to myself again if it's something Cass or that damn grace he gave her did, but I shake it off. Dad and I have been getting reports from other hunters about monsters moving in strange patterns even Rufus has called in to report odd things. We determine that the monsters are headed to a relatively fresh body but why something like that would lure a bunch of different monsters in is a mystery to us, but Sam and Dean take off in hopes of getting to the bottom of this; not too long after they're gone does dad take off to help them seeing how this could lead to the Mother or whatever those dragons that hurt me let out of Purgatory.

Cassie's eating her lunch in the kitchen, I can hear her munching away; I've got books open all over dad's desk trying to find anything that could help even if I don't know what we're up against. They've been gone for a few days now checking in via messages or short phone conversations but what they said before was right, the Mother is somewhere near them making me nervous who knows what this bitch is capable of. After a while my little one comes into the room with me the necklace bouncing against her chest, she pulls herself into my lap at dad's desk and I hold onto her breathing in her scent which always calms me. My phone rings then making both Cassie and I jump, I reach for it across the desk when she says, "daddy?" I turn to her nodding seeing the caller ID, "hey babe," I breathe, "everything okay?"

"Rufus is with us," he starts off with, "he tracked the monster or whatever this is here too. Who knows who else will show up and join the party."

"Do you need me to come out there?"

"No, no," he says, "I just wanted to hear your voice, where's Cassie?" I smile down at her, "sitting on my lap, wanna talk to her too?"

I hand the phone over and she jumps down to babble to her dad while pacing the room; God she's even doing that just like us when we talk on the phone. While she chatters away to him, I go to the kitchen for a beer and put her dirty dishes in the sink; however when I turn from the fridge unopened beer in hand a young woman in a white dress stands before me a smile on her face.

"You used to be one of mine," she whispers, "so now you'll take out your own."

She touches my face with one hand before she takes me with her I shout, "Cassie pray for Cass!" and then I'm gone the world swimming and changing before my eyes. Her grip is ferocious on my face as she opens the palm of her other hand a worm like thing crawls up and perches itself there on her flesh; she smiles at it then turns to me, "this might hurt a little."

The world goes black as pain rips through my head, whatever that giant worm thing was or is works its way through my head digging itself deep and then I'm moving on my own without any thought of my own. As I walk my hand pulls the pistol, I've started carrying constantly from the waist band of my jeans as I hear voices, "you don't remember what he did, I do."

"I know," another voice responds, I tilt my head listening in the shadows, "I'm not saying don't, just not yet."

I peek around the corner gun still poised in my hand, I'm trying to fight the damn worm, but when I do it sends shooting pains through my body; there's Dean standing alone fuming in agitation and my body lifts the gun to shoot when a woman appears; I think I remember her, Gwen, was her name if I recall correctly.

"Dean is it true?" she asks.

"What?"

"Did Samuel really try to..." he cuts her off, "kill me? Yes, didn't even blink; Hell, he tried to kill my brother and wife that's the guy you're rolling with."