Chapter Twenty - Four - I want this to be Over

I awake with a gasp rising from a very uncomfortable motel bed and once my eyes adjust to the bright lights again, I find Sam and Dean in the room staring at me now that I'm awake.

"What did I miss?" I ask.

Somewhere laughter echoes.

"How was that funny?" Dean grunts, "Vultures."

The laugh track plays again followed by the crappy motel door opening and in the doorframe appears Castiel, his face is bruised and there's a cut on his forehead.

"You okay?" Dean asks

"I don't have much time," he quips.

"What happened?" Sam asks and Castiel comes closer, "I got out." That damn laugh track goes again and I rise from the bed my legs a little shaky underneath me, "where were you?"

"Listen to me," Cass starts, "something is not right; this thing is much more powerful than it should be."

"What thing," Dean says, "the Trickster?"

"If it is a Trickster," then he's flung backwards into the motel wall and off the ground, mouth duct taped shut, "thank you, thank you ladies!" The Trickster himself hollers as he appears followed by applause, "hi Castiel!" He grins at the Angel.

"You know him?" Sam asks.

My eyes travel from Cass's glare to the Trickster who's not really looking at the tied-up Angel but at me our conversation still ringing in my ears; with his next wave of his hand Cass disappears to parts unknown.

"Bring him back," I growl storming over to him, "you bring him back right now or..." he raises an eyebrow, "or what, you'll hurt me? Kid you barely have control of your powers let alone being able to use them on command."

"I am done with the monkey dance," Dean snaps, "we get it." Trickster looks over my shoulder, "yeah? Get what hotshot?"

"Playing our roles, right? That's your game?"

"That's half the game," he grins.

"What's the other half?" Sam asks.

I sigh knowing what he means, "he wants you to play your roles out there, ya know, Michael and Lucifer do the Lambada."

"Bingo!" Trickster laughs, "give the girl a prize; I'm assuming our little chat has drug up some things for you?" I nod.

"You want us to say yes to those sons of bitches?" Dean asks and I can hear the anger in his voice; what will he say to me when we're alone?

"We do that, the world will end," Sam states.

He grabs a hold of my arms spinning me around to face two of the most important men in my life.

"Yeah," he lays a hand on my shoulder, "and whose fault is that? Who popped Lucifer out of the box? Look, it's started. It can't be stopped; so, let's get it over with!"

Sam glares at him but doesn't respond; he still feels so guilty over letting the devil out.

"Whose side are you on? Heaven or Hell?"

"I'm not on either side; just want this to be over."

I go to speak but my voice has been cut off and I know it's the Trickster's doing; he squeezes my shoulder lightly.

"What does Lennie have to do with this?" Dean asks.

"She's a key player too; you know this as does she." Dean snorts, "so what team are you batting for then? I'm curious whose ankle you're grabbing for."