Chapter 186 - It's all in the family

Hurriedly exiting the hospital I walk behind the two where Garth's room should be and find the bathroom window hanging wide open; my thoughts go round and round wondering just what Garth is hiding from us.

"Why would he run from us?" Dean asks and I glare at him, "where has he been the last few months? Did you even test him?"

"He was unconscious," Dean argues, "No, I – he steal a car?"

I walk over to the crumpled bushes and grimace picking up a hospital gown holding it out for the two to see, "did he steal a car, naked?"

Dean gestures to the camera mounted on the building and tells us he'll check them out to see which way he went or if he took someone's car; Sam and I decide to head out to the farm where Garth supposedly killed a cow and ran from the farmer. Sam does more of the talking but we find out that not only was the cow killed, but all its organs were taken not just it's heart however the body was left behind like an empty shell of its former self. On the ride back to the hospital where Dean still is Sam tells me that he's got a suspicion that his brother is trying to ditch us so we're going back to catch him trying to through us off this, he parks on the other side of the building, and we walk the short distance and stop at one corner as Sam calls his brother whom we can see.

"So the cow wasn't just killed," Sam says into the phone, "it was eviscerated."

He waits for Dean's response, but he doesn't put it on speaker afraid he'll know where we actually are.

"He said he was on a hunt, right?" Sam presses, "maybe he was hunting whatever killed it."

I watch Dean pace a little bit as he talks to his brother who then says in faux disbelief, "you're kidding," he looks at me with a smirk and I raise an eyebrow, but he responds with, "we got nothing?"

We watch Dean walk towards his own car which he has to pass an ambulance parked next to us to get to it, Sam still on the phone follows and Dean crashes right into me which he's got a manilla folder which I take from his grip that is full of photos.

"So not only did the cameras catch the license plate, but it also caught the make and model as well, what the hell Dean?" I growl and he stares at us, "I told you before when you left Lennie, we can't work together, it's for your own good; Sam's too."

"I hear you," Sam snaps, "and after we find Garth and get to the bottom of this, we'll be gone if that's what you want. But until then, no more games."

Dean's eyes catch mine, I can see in them the longing he has to be back, to hold and kiss me but I don't show any more emotion than he does only in my eyes do I carry the weight of sadness and misery which I know he can read.

"Fine," Dean nods, "ride belongs to Bess Meyers, she lives in the next town over."

I turn to go with Sam when Dean grabs my wrist and pulls me back a few steps as Sam keeps walking.

"What?" I snap at him.

"You know I miss you, right?"

"Oh yeah, you miss me," I scoff, "after several calls, none of which I left messages and the no return calls tells me that what you're saying is bull." I pull my arm from his grip and turn to walk away again when he says, "you love him, don't you?"

"Who?"

"Sam."

That one word, that one assumption makes me whirl around to stare at the man that is supposed to be my husband.

"I mean if you do, I'm not going to be mad," he mutters, "it is what it is if that's the case."

"You're an idiot, you know that?" I hiss, "I'm your WIFE, I married YOU, not Sam. How dare you assume such a thing like that!"