Chapter Forty: Never Easy for us? Planning a Rescue for the Mustafar System!

Back on the Ghost, Sabine and Chopper were trying to find some info on Kanan... Ezra was still in his room, wondering why things were Never Easy for him and his friends!

Ezra(Singing):
Why is it never easy for us?
Why's the road that we travel always so rough?
There's no easy choices, never clear cut...
Oh why, tell me why is it never easy for us?

We're standing at the crossroads once again,
With a storm up ahead,
And our back to the wind!
Got to reach down inside, try to find some strength...
Another mountain to climb, another river to swim!

Why is it never easy for us?
Why's the road that we travel always so tough?
No easy choices, never clear cut!
Oh why, tell me why is it never easy for us?

Ezra remembers when he talked to Zeb about his visions of Kanan being Tortured by the Empire, knowing that his Master is alive!

Grand Inquisitor: You will tell me where to find your rebel friends...

Ezra: AAHH!!!

Kanan: NO!!!

Kanan: No... Ezra? Not him... Not him!

Zeb: Ezra, I hate to say it, but... you have to prepare yourself for the possibility that Kanan is dead, and this is all an Imperial trick!

Ezra: Zeb, I have watched so many of my people and my family fall during this war, and I try not to hang on to any one of them. But that changed when I saw that Vision of Spectre-1, it was no algorithm... That was Kanan's voice. I know it!

Zeb: I hope you're right! But if, for some reason, you're wrong...

Ezra: Then I'll deal with it!

He then remembers the advice that Fulcrum gave him, knowing that Kanan is the first person that Ezra trusts more than anyone else on the Crew!

Fulcrum: You're late again!

Ezra: (Sighs) Fulcrum, I'm so sorry. We didn't anticipate the search to find out where Kanan is would last this long!

Fulcrum: That would be why they call it a search, Ezra!

Ezra: I know, I just thought that I--

Fulcrum: You thought you could bring a swift end to the conflict single-handedly?

Ezra: Heh, yeah!

Fulcrum: (Chuckles) Ezra, what you're doing is important... The Rebellion needs you on the front lines just as they need my voice in the Senate!

Ezra: (Sighs) I know...

Fulcrum saw that something was bothering Ezra!

Fulcrum: What is it?

Ezra: (Sighs) It's Kanan, I'm worried that he was letting his personal feelings drive him too much on the mission!

Fulcrum smirks a little bit from under her hood, wondering where Kanan learned that from!

Fulcrum: I wonder where he learned that...

Ezra smirks, knowing that she has a good point there!

Ezra: (Scoffs)

Fulcrum: Look, from what Eldra has said about him before your falling moment with her, you've known Kanan a long time! When you throw caution to the wind and take chances, where is he?

Ezra smiles a little bit, right beside him as he always is!

Ezra: Right beside me...

Fulcrum: Then maybe that's where you should be for him, Ezra... Trust his instincts like he trusts yours!

Ezra: I'm just trying to look out for him, the same way that he has done for me ever since we met!

Fulcrum: I know you are... Just let me know when you and Hera need me to fly the Ghost and bring in some of my Rebel friends to rescue Kanan after you know where he is!

Ezra nods before the transmission ends and walks out of his room to sit with Hera in the cockpit! As he sat down, he saw that Hera was still worried about Kanan!

Hera: It's time somebody finally put an end to that monster!

Ezra knew that they were both agreed on that, but the question remains how to find the Inquisitor! The young boy held the pilot's hands in his own, promising that they will find Kanan!

Ezra: We will find him, Hera... I promise...

Hera smiled, gently holding Ezra's hands in her own before placing a comforting hand on the boy's arm!

Hera: I'm proud of you, You stepped up and took the lead! Kanan has taught you well...

Ezra smiled a little bit, knowing that she is responsible for how he is growing as much as Kanan is!

Ezra: So have you...

Suddenly, they see Sabine and Chopper enter, they had finally found something about where Kanan is!

Sabine: I think we found something!

She holds up a profile picture of Kanan, showing where he is!

Sabine: Kanan is on Governor Tarkin's Star Destroyer, the Sovereign. It's still here above Lothal, but it's scheduled to leave soon!

While Ezra and Hera are both relieved, they are confused are where they are taking Kanan and why they're leaving Lothal!

Ezra: What do you mean? Where is he?

Hera: And where is Tarkin's Star Destroyer heading to?

However, it's a System that not even Sabine's familiar with!

Sabine: The Mustafar system? I've never heard of it! Hera?

Hera: I've only heard that name once, from Kanan... He said Mustafar is where Jedi go to die!

Ezra placed a firm on Hera's shoulders, knowing that they rescue Kanan now or never!

Ezra: Well... It's a good day for doom! Sabine, tonight we'll attack an Imperial Base... You'll need to deal with the Stormtroopers, and yes, you'll get to blow something up, probably more than once... He's one of us, I am not leaving Lothal or going anywhere without Kanan!

Sabine grins, before running to grab her gear! 

Sabine: Make that both of us!

Zeb frowns, unsure if going after Kaitis when he's taking Kanan to Mustafar is a good idea!

Zeb: Are you sure that's a good idea?

Hera: What other choice do we have, Zeb?!

Ezra: Buddy, please try to understand... We may share a bunch of stuff, Zeb... But we don't share this! (Shows his Lightsaber to him!) Kanan is in this situation because of me. Because of my Adoptive brother's stupid grudge!

Sabine came in, knowing that the kid's got a point!

Sabine: He has a point!

Zeb: But his mind is probably Tortured badly because of the Grand Inquisitor! How will he even know that it is you with the Dark Side of the Force that's surrounding Mustafar?

Ezra: I don't know... But I have to try anyway!

Zeb: Well then, I'm going too!

Ezra: Zeb...

Sabine: Me, Zeb, and Kanan don't always see eye-to-eye, but we do consider him to be... Well, Family! We all want him back as much as you do!

Ezra nods, before running out of the room with Zeb and Sabine!

Ezra: Alright. Then we've got no time to lose!