Quince's story continues. [27 part 3]

When Luz unzipped the bag, Quince stopped hissing, being picked up, not resisting the action. "Prince come look at the cute kitty!"

Quince tilted his head to the side, giving her a questioning look. "Me? Cute kitty?"

*Reminder, the words in italic are the words Luz understands.

"Cute kitty cat!"

The mutt came over, standing on his hind legs, trying to sniff Quince out. "Hello little guy~ What are you doing in my bag?"

"For you!"

His tail swayed from side to side swiftly, Quince trying to cup her pretty face with his tiny itty bitty paws. "Weren't they looking for a cat back at the garden?" The woman who drove Luz here chimed in.

"Oh yeah you're right! We should call them." Luz spoke, putting him on her shoulder.

'Wait you're not sending me back right? I literally made this entire thing a mission to come find you-'

She called them, the person over the phone doing an introduction, Luz waiting for her to finish. Luz explained something to her, Quince suprised at the end answer, "Can I keep him?"

"Sure I'll tell the boss. Bye Luz!"

"Bye!"

Luz hung up, putting her phone away and looking over at the other woman. "Is your guardian going to be okay about this?" The indigo haired woman asked.

"Oh- I should call her-" Luz blurted out, taking her phone out again.

Luz called someone else, Quince watching her do her thing. "Are you okay? The field trip isn't over yet- Did something happen? Should I be worried-"

"I'm okay Ms.Noceda, I found a kitty. He stowed away in my bag.."

'Stowaway? I didn't- Oh yeah I did.'

Castaways- We are castaways-

"Oh. You're keeping it aren't you?"

Luz nervously laughed, Quince lightly brushing her cheek with his tail; "I knew it. Sigh. We can go to the vet later and get him chipped. I'll be home at 7, we can get late night ice cream after your shift."

"Okay! Thanks mom!- Camilla- Thank you Camilla-" Luz blurted out, glanci- ng at the woman. "M-My aunt's here!"

She talked with the person over the phone, handing it to the indigo haired woman. Luz pat Dottie's head, then Prince's, and walked towards the living room.

She sat down on the couch, taking Quince off her shoulder, gently placing him on her lap. "I don't speak cat that well, at least not yet, but do you have a name?"

"Name?"

"Yeah, a name?"

The cat perked up, his tail swaying from side to side; "Oh!"

"Pretty cool, I know!~"

Prince barked, the kitten looking over at him, "So do you have a name?" Prince barked.

"I- No..No I don't."

"No Luz he doesn't!" Prince barked at her.

"Let's give you one then, Ms.Dottie do you know any good names?"

The witch looked over at her, giving a small shrug before curling up on her bed. "Zachery. Nooope. That's a weird name for you. Froggery- No that's Mr.Freddisons ventriloquist dummies name- Theodore! No-"