Preference: Mini Golfing | PJO + HoO

I'm gonna go ahead and say this now: Get your mind out of the gutter. You'll understand once you've started reading.

Summary: Mini golfing with the characters of Percy Jackson and Heroes of Olympus.

QOTP: Are you good at mini golfing?

Word Count: 1029

Frank -
"I suck at this," he says, attempting the third hole for the fifth time.

You laugh, "I noticed."

"Hey!"

"I'm not much better than you."

He swings, misjudging it and the ball bounces right out of the hole. "I wonder if there's an animal that could help me in golf..." he trails off.

You shake your head as he finally finishes, collecting his ball. "You are not cheating, Frank Zhang. Or so help me, Zeus-"

"I'm kidding," he laughs as thunder cracks.

You look up at the sky, imaging the aforementioned god frowning on his throne. "Oh, can it," you say. Frank cocks an eyebrow, then stands and watches as you swing.

Hole in one.

"You know," you say, walking to collect your ball, "you could turn into a flamingo."

"A flamingo?" he questions, chuckling.

You nod, "Yeah. I could use you as a golf club, like in Alice in Wonderland. Only they were playing cricket, I think..."

He shakes his head, slightly laughing as he puts his arm around your shoulders.

Grover -
"Three," you confirm once you make it into the hole. Grover's holding the score card, absently gnawing on the little pencil.

You walk over. "Grover? You okay?" His head snaps up and he takes the pencil from his mouth.

"Yeah, sorry," he apologizes, "I just - I'm..." Your brows furrow, but you quickly understand.

"You don't have to be nervous, Grover -" he blushes "- I'm not that special."

He shakes his head, "Yeah, you are."

It's your turn to blush. "Just... come on," you say, flustered.

"I'm winning, by the way," he says, "just in case you wanted to know."

"Yeah, yeah," you mumble, though you're smiling.

Jason -
"Listen up, Grace," you say. He's leaning on his golf club, holding a blue ball in one hand and the score card in the other.

"Yes, Y/N?"

"No controlling the winds so you get a hole in one, capeesh?"

"Capeesh, O' Great Slayer of the Putt-Putt."

You laugh, then place your ball on the starter. "I suck at this, so don't make fun of me." However, you get it in in two strokes. Jason gets it in in three.

The entire time - unbeknownst to you - Jason's controlling the wind so you'll do better than he does. You either get a hole in one, two, or three, depending on how decent your first swing is. You're honestly surprised at how good you're doing, but you're happy nonetheless. You don't gloat - Jason doesn't do too bad himself - but you're quite proud of yourself.

You win, of course.

Leo -
He's petrified. Normally, he isn't that bad at mini-golf, but then, he's too nervous to hit the ball properly. You're creaming him, all the while he's desperately trying to get the ball in in at least five strokes.

However, when he messes up, he realizes you'll laugh. Not at him, of course. Just at how bad he is golf. "Are my sucky skills that funny to you?" he asks. You shake your head, though you're lying.

From then on out, he's quite happy to mess up - big time. He knocks it into the pond, hits it so hard it bounces off the course, goes back and forth a thousand times over just to get the ball in, misses the ball altogether, anything to make you laugh. On top of that, he keeps telling jokes about the ridiculous animals set up on the course (plastic bears, a horse, a tiger, etc.). Once, there's a goblin, to which he says, "Hey, Jason. Didn't expect to see you here."

Percy -
The hole you're on has a little pond nestled next to it, fake lily-pads "floating" on the water. You swing, but the ball goes into the pond.

"Well, frick," you say, blankly staring as your ball floats to the middle of the pond. Percy laughs, letting his club fall to the concrete.

He walks over to you as you stare hopelessly at the ball making its way [downtown, walking fast, faces pass, and its home bound] to the other side of the pond.

"Should we just call somebody to get it?" you ask, watching.

Percy sighs, "Have you forgotten that ponds are made of water?"

"No. But is it really a good idea to control water with mortals around?" He shrugs, already slowly moving the ball back to your side of the pond. Ripples go through the water around the ball, finally ceasing after you lift it out of the water. You kiss his cheek in thanks, then go to try the hole again.

"That swing didn't count," you say, placing your ball on the ground.

Percy laughs, "No, of course not."

Tyson -
Percy and Annabeth come with you, Percy wanting to keep an eye on Tyson. None of the golf clubs are the right size, but he has the biggest one they offer. The ball is like a large marble (which still isn't very big) in his hands. He doesn't do as well, though it's not exactly his fault.

You, however, are winning. You score your third hole in one of the night. "How do you do that?" Tyson asks.

"Hmm?"

"How do you do that?" he repeats.

"I'll show you on the next hole," you promise. He smiles and nods, obviously satisfied with your reply. Once Annabeth is done, it's Tyson's turn on the next hole.

Despite the fact that he's nearly twice your size [I mean, he's a Cyclops], you do the cliché thing and wrap your arms around his. Annabeth is nearly in tears because "it's so adorable!"

"This course is relatively flat," you say, "so be a little gentle."

"Gentle," he repeats, concentrating on the ball. You guide his arms and swing, miraculously getting a hole in one.

He's beaming as you go to get his ball. Percy gives him a high five. When you come back, he kisses you out of excitement.