Fish and Chips | Thirteenth Doctor

In honor of the announcement of Jodie Whittaker as 13, I've written an imagine for her, but I most likely will never do that again, seeing as I only do male characters.

Also, I am very excited that she's the new Doctor. Even if you wanted the Doctor to stay male, please just give her a chance. She's an amazing actress, and I love her so much. You can watch her as Beth on Broadchurch (alongside David Tennant and Arthur Darvill). It's on Netflix and it's wonderful - the music is amazing, the acting is amazing, and the story keeps you on the edge of your seat, so go check it out.

Summary: How you meet the Doctor.

QOTP: How do you feel about Thirteen?

Word Count: 947

You're out walking in Cardiff with no particular destination in mind. Music is playing in your headphones, and you have on a small backpack full of miscellaneous things you think you may need, though you probably won't end up needing at all.

You're just looking in the shops and enjoying the breeze when you hear a strange noise. Pausing your music to check and see if it's that, you realize it's coming from behind you. You quickly backtrack and find it's coming from an alleyway.

A blue box seems to be flickering in and out of existence. You look around to see if anybody else has noticed, but the street you're on is fairly empty. No one is paying attention.

You look back at the blue box and see the door start to open, so you quickly turn around, lean up against the building you're next to, and pretend to be on your phone. There's a creaking sound, then a woman steps out of the alley. She has blonde hair and a black jacket on, but that's all you can see.

When she's a ways away, you duck into the alley and walk up to the box. It says 'Police Public Call Box' on it and it has a small compartment on the door with an old telephone inside.

You pull on the door itself and are surprised when it opens up. Nevertheless, you walk inside.

It's bigger.

It's bigger on the inside.

You run out immediately and feel around the box, searching for the answer to this weird illusion. The building it's stood next to is a bakery and you look inside there to see if the box was just a weird side door of some sort.

It's not.

You run back inside the box, so amazed that you forget to shut the door behind you.

There's flashing lights, odd sounds, a bunch of buttons. You don't press any, though it's tempting.

Then, something catches your eye.

A hallway.

////

The Doctor is feeling quite weird right now.

Her hair is blonde, her accent has changed, and there are weird things going on everywhere else. Just regenerating in general takes a toll, but now she's a woman.

She's starting to like it though.

She just stepped out of her TARDIS to grab some fish and chips in Cardiff. Why? She was in the mood for some fish and chips. Don't judge her.

She was also starting to get lonely and wanted to find a new companion; it doesn't matter what gender she is - it's not good for her to be alone.

When she gets back to the TARDIS, fish and chips in hand, she finds the door ajar.

"I could've sworn I locked it," she mutters, cautiously going inside. When she enters, she sees somebody starting to go down the hallway.

"Don't go down there!" she shouts.

////

You're looking down the hallway, and it seems to go on forever. What in the world in this place?

You start to walk down, but are quickly stopped by a sudden shout behind you.

"Don't go down there!"

You jump about ten feet in the air and turn so quickly you end up falling on the floor. The woman you saw from earlier is standing in the doorway, fish and chips in hand, with a panicked look on her face.

She quickly sets her food down and runs up to you and helps you up. You catch your breath and start to calm down.

"Who are you?" the woman asks.

You step back from her and attempt to regain your composure. "Well... I think I should be asking you that question."

The woman seems taken aback. "You're the one in my TARDIS."

"Your what?"

"My TARDIS. Time and Relative Dimension in Space."

You look at her blankly. She sighs, "It's a spaceship. Can travel anywhere and any when."

"Anywhere and any when?" you ask. She nods. "And you're an... alien?" you continue.

"Yes, I am - but don't worry, I'm not here to invade the world. I'm here to protect it."

"From what?"

"Well, nothing right now. But if other aliens show up, I'll be here."

"What about before? All the other invaders?"

"That was me. I took care of them - with some help, of course. So, uh, you're welcome."

You look at her for a few seconds, trying to find any outward indication that she's an alien, but you see nothing out of the ordinary. "Who are you?" you ask.

"You first," she replies cautiously.

"I'm not the alien here."

"You're an alien to me."

You both go silent, daring each other to answer first. It's quite intense, the only sound being the whirring of the ship. There's also the odd, yet enticing scent of fish and chips.

Ultimately, you cave; you want to know everything about this TARDIS thing. And about her.

"Y/N Y/L/N."

She smiles. "I'm the Doctor."